Growing outdoors in patio pots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by azfox, Jan 20, 2014.

1. I've been thinking of growing a few plants outside on our deck this spring. I would like to keep 2 or 3 plants in large patio plant pots and mix the pots in with other flowers. Has anyone tried growing outside on a patio? Is it doable? Security is not an issue, just curious as to whether it would work properly? Our deck has sun pretty much all day in the summer....late afternoon shade....very late, like about 5 pm or so. Thanks!

2. I'm absoluety sure it's doable azfox, and I'm hoping to do the same thing. Disappointed to see that your enquiry has gone unanswered for 2 months though. Outdoor growing seems to be dominated by 'guerrilla grows', but what about the 'patio plantation' ... ?

3. It works bud, this is my third year on my back patio or near it at least...

IMG_1466.jpg IMG_1467.jpg

4. Yay! I'm going forward!!!! :yummy:

5. I agree! No guerrilla growing going on here! Just a few on the patio! That would be an awesome thread to see! Thanks for answering!!!! :gc_rocks:  

6. Nice to see this thread come alive at last.

dawill1967 got any tips or advice that you'ld like to share regarding patio plantations ?

7. Not really, plant now, harvest in Sept/Oct. Easy instructions.

8. How large of a plant pot you thinking of using? Have you looked into using grow bags? Much better then your average grow pot but spending a little extra and buying a white or tan one is worth it since it will help keep the root zone about 10-15 degrees cooler.

9. IMG_1468.jpg
    My SIP is working okay, thnx though!

10. I got the patio grow setup too. I'm quite happy with it. You can easily control the factors on your patio. When they're outside in pots, they're generally happy if you're watering them. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app