Growing Outdoors in 40-50-60 degree temp

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BoGrower, Mar 25, 2008.

1. I know it migt be too early to grow but is it possible to grow in that weather ? and for it to be in the low 40's at night will it survive the cold nights leading up to late spring then summer

2. wont survive until the last frost of the year. in new england its sumwhere in early may possibly late april. dont start before that

3. i live in new england i was thinkin about startin a grow on april 20th.
    is that too early?

4. You will gain little or nothing by starting early. Plants put out after the ground has warmed up and all danger of frost has passed will take off quickly and soon pass those planted early. With early planting there is slow growth and danger of a killing frost. If possible veg indoors for a few weeks before putting out, you will be glad you did.

5. I live in central jersey, I'm going to start germing around april 20-23rd

6. I'm in New Eng. If the plants are put out while the ground is cold they tend to stop growing, and take a long time to catch up. You'll get bigger, healthier crop by vegging indoors until the ground is warm, usually sometime in May. Also, larger plants have an easier time competing with other plants, as well as being more able to recover from stress and minor insect damage. (My experience from 12 yrs outdoor)

7. this guy is 100% correct start inside for now if you can if not wait till its warm enough to germinate outside in cups and then move to the ground. you just have to make sure the soil stays moist in the cups during warm dry weather or your seeds will never pop open