Growing One Plant in an Apartment?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wrxrick, Mar 24, 2014.

1. #1 wrxrick, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Hey all, 

I am considering the idea of growing a single plant for personal use in an apartment. I'm curious to know if its possible to get some bud (not necessarily a high yield but just enough for personal usage). I'm looking to use basic lighting and ventilation in a cabinet. I'd like to start flowering soon and not leave the plant in vegetative state for too long as my goal is just perhaps 3/4 dry ounce every month. What do you all think? Is it worth the risk? Will the neighbors smell it? 

Thanks,
    Rick

2. Since you will need at leaast 8 weeks for flowering, your prob looking at at least 3 months per plant from sowing the seed to harvesting. At least.   so you will need about 2 1/4 oz per plant to get your goal.

3. An apartment is risky because you have people living all around you. It will get very stinky and unless you really know what you are doing, odor can be a huge problem and a give away.

Be safe man

4. #4 wrxrick, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Ok I read somewhere that I technically can start a 12/12 cycle pretty much right away and can skip the 18/6 if I want bud right away...although it won't produce nearly as much bud...

Again, I'm looking to produce around an ounce (dry) per month. Hopefully there are some strains out there that don't smell too much for people in apartments....

Also, if I invest in a $150 carbon filter will that eliminate 90% of the smell even during flowering? Or is a carbon filter not enough to keep the smell from neighbors

5. If you got the funds, anything's possiable. Carbon filters are your best bet that and keeping everything as air sealed as possible. You're talking about growing a little over a half a pound every four months that's if seeds are used and that should be very manageable. If youre willing to let go a few bucks a 6x24 carbon filter will defiantly take care of that oder. It's actually a bit over kill but I like to be safe than sorry. I've used that size before for closet grows about a 6x6 and it's done wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app