Growing on an Island

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Self_Exile, Jan 8, 2013.

1. I've been brainstorming of places to grow outside this season and this idea popped in mind.

On the river nearby (15 minutes) their is this nice long island that forks the river into two. It's a pretty big island and very dense. People rarely go to it and if they do they stay near the water where it is somewhat cleared for camping.

You have to take a small jon-boat or canoe/kayak to get there as the water is too shallow for a bass boat. It would take about 20 minutes on boat to float down to the spot.

If I chose this location what would be the best way to get plants there? Should I start them in the ground instead of inside?

Or is this just a bad location?

2. This is a guerrilla grow or is it like a legit organized grow?

3. I would call it a guerilla grow. I do plan to have quite a few plants though.

I figured since it will be summer, I could go camp out there every so often to look after it.

4. I'll try to get a pic of the island. (Google Maps)

5. #5 ThEbLuEMaGoO, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Don't do it.

You dont show where your growing man, not to anyone.

Yikes. Thats for you and only you to know until about October.

6. Was going to crop it to just show part of it. But true.

7. Post it. Zoom in real close no ones gonna try and find out where it is.

8. So what do you guys think?

I live near lots of wooded areas but everything is private property. Not too concerned about that though. Even with all the woods it's still hard trying to find a good location.

9. tits or gtfo....

what i mean is show pics or we cant quite help you as much

10. Like I said, this island is HUGE. Once you actually start walking on it, would probably take 2 hours to get across it. Definitely need a machete to get through it.

15 minute drive to launch the boat plus probably 20-30 minutes floating the river.

[​IMG]

11. if it were me, and i had some money, id set up cameras that could show real time images to my computer so i could monitor those sunbitches to make sure nothing is eating or screwing with my plants, and id plant c4 so if something did happen that bastard would go down with my plants.

12. Haha :D

So you're saying too far of a location?

Maybe I should look for a more accessible area closer by?

13. Thinking of more ideas.

I live right next to a highway and on the other side it is all woods for quite a ways, except it's up a big hill/valley.

Thinking of climbing to the top and scouting around when it gets warmer.