growing on a window sill

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WSA, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Im growing three plants on a window sill in red solo cups.

2. Dude... I wondered if you were or not. Last night before bed, I was like... I wonder if WSA is growing three plants on a window sill in red solo cups.

That's fantastic, and won't work.

3. Window sill grows don't won't. The glass is coated to reflect most of the spectrum of light used by the plants

4. I was thinking that. i dont have any money to get lighting equipment

5. Is this an announcement or a request for help? I ask because you need help.

6. It works fine to get them started...

You're gonna eventually have to find somewhere else to put them though.

7. Cfls are hella cheap. 5000k to 6500k is the spectrum u want to be in for veg

8. #8 BYOweed, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    $30.00 or so for three 40w 6500k cfls. That will start off a plant. Extra wattage is needed when the plants begin to get larger during veg.

For flowering you need 2500k cfls.

If I were you I'd start saving up

9. Im going to start on the window then move it to a cfl setup

10. Why not put it outside ? Free light??

11. I've heard this before but this doesn't really seem to make sense to me.

Marijuana utilizes different parts of the spectrum.... right?

Well, all the light coming in my windows is white, meaning it's covering the full spectrum the sun has to offer. If it was blocking out parts of the spectrum that a plant used, the color of the light coming into your house wouldn't be the same color as the light outside.

There may be coatings for UV, but plants don't use UV.

I could be wrong, but I really don't think coatings are the case. You can't believe everything you read on these boards. It's obvious it's full of fucking idiots sometimes.

12. #12 BYOweed, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    Spectrum isnt anything to worry about outside.

You need atleast 6 hours of direct sunlight. This is the problem with the window method. Its hard to get that much direct sunlight.