Growing on a steep hillside

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nubbz51, Apr 8, 2008.

1. I have experimented with growing to a minor extent in the past, with failure everytime because it was always inside and I had to cancel operations for various reasons each time. Well I have just come across a perfect area to start an outdoor operation. There are several areas I'm put plants but there is one exceptionally secluded area that has a fairly steep slope(70-80 degrees). The soil on the slope is exceptional but a little rocky. Will my plants be able to grow well on a slop like this? Like I said, the soil is kind of rocky so I thought that this might provide extra support for the roots. So, any comments, suggestions, or tips would be much appreciated.

2. most steep cliffs like the one you speak of were created by rivers, if this is the case im assuming it is a lot of clay and rocks... do you see much other vegetation on the slope.. if not, dont waste your time, there is a reason nothing else is growing there.

3. No, there is plenty of little creeks and a couple ponds in the area, but on this slope there is plenty of vegetation, which is what drew my attention to it. The soil is some of the best i've seen in the area. I know that if it were a flat surface this area would be perfect. Im just worried about the steepness of the slope affecting growth. My concern is that they may get too heavy and collapse, but again with the rocks in the soil im assuming that should help

4. the way mj grows.... outdoor, it will only really get as big as the root structure can support, if the hill and soil only allow for a small root structure, youll get small plants. if the roots can get huge ull have huge plants and they will be able to support the size without 'collapse'

5. If you can dig a hole big enough to get a 5 gallon bucket in it, its worth a shot, you will get some great sunlight up there. But you will need some kind of vegetation to blend in with. If no plants have ever grown up there and all of a sudden there is a huge plant, someone might go up to investigate.

6. Also hauling water up there when it gets dry in the summer is gonna suck.