Growing on a mountain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Blainizzle, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I live on the side of a mountain and my plants always seem to stretch to the side and topple over. I make sure to put them in direct sunlight but they still fall over. Is this because of bad seeds, bring on a mountain or something else? Anyone else have this problem?

2. Are you getting at least six hours of direct light? Cause if not that can cause stretching as Cannabis needs a lot of light 8-10 hours being ideal.

3. [quote name='"RichardDean"']Are you getting at least six hours of direct light? Cause if not that can cause stretching as Cannabis needs a lot of light 8-10 hours being ideal.[/quote]

They are in a field. Tomatoes and everything else grows there

4. I don't understand how they fall over. Do you mean once the buds are on the weight mkes the plants fall? Then you should use a few stakes and mason string. It has nothing to do with the mountain imo.

5. Yeah I'm in Nor Cal with plenty of mountains never have those problems as I train my plants to grow through fencing or trellis supported by bamboo

6. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']I don't understand how they fall over. Do you mean once the buds are on the weight mkes the plants fall? Then you should use a few stakes and mason string. It has nothing to do with the mountain imo.[/quote]

I mean when it is about two weeks old. I always use bag seeds though.

7. Slap them around when they poke up after the first set past the water leaf

8. ok, well there's no need for stakes (actually not good cause they need to thicken without stakes) until they get big .
    if they fall over, it's cause the roots don't dig in enough. Use an airy soil mix and they'll hang on better. Make a flat surface off the mountain if it is slanted (gravity and rain on the slopes will make em fall).

9. Maybe bigger around and deeper also.

10. Put a small fan after it pops up if you dont want to be ruff with them