Growing on a budget

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by N.Cali-Grown, Nov 8, 2013.

1. We all have start somewhere. And why not help other to get it going with your tips tricks or advice on affordable(I don't like the word cheap) starter setups. Easy to find and purchase. Reputable and affordable lighting, ventilation, basic nutrients, beginner friendly strains ( resilient with decent yields).
    Basically any of the BASICS when it come to IDEAL beginner indoor setups.
    For instance starting small.
    1-3 plants max.
    Basic cfl lighting
    Affordable inline fan 4"
    4" dryer vent
    Small desktop/computer fan.
    Ph tester
    BOOM... That'll grow a plant.

Include average pricing and maybe total grow set up estimate. For instance with the Above mentioned supplies. And a small grow space. And a short supplemental list, u could have a grow room up an running for around 300 bucks.

I've always grown outdoor. And the idea of going indoor and spending money on all the equipment and testers and lighting. It was pretty intimidating. But GROWJNG ON A BUDGET isn't nearly as difficult as some would make it out to be.
    Ill do my part and surely post links and pics of items I think are both affordable and decent starter supplies. Ill do my part to help out up and coming green thumbs. Let try to get a solid thread outta this.

2. Nice thread op, I don't have any tips or anything but Im subbing for the advice I need it.

3. #3 N.Cali-Grown, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    Let talk about a small 1-2 plant grow. Super basic. Really affordable. And very generic approach. But it'll get the job done.
    You'll need a small space lets say 3x3x3. That 27 cu. ft. Simple.

Not a bad start for a decent timer that works.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0035GF8NA/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    GE 15153 Heavy Duty 24-Hour Mechanical Timer
    $8.53
    image.jpg

As far as CFL bulbs in veg. :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0089Q1FWE/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit
    LimoStudio Full Spectrum Light Bulb- Four 45W Photography Photo CFL 6500K - Daylight balanced pure white light by LimoStudio, AGG874
    LimoStudio (14)

List Price:\t $49.85
    Price:\t $20.60
    image.jpg

And humidity control... This ones easy and incredible affordable.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005JSD2EE/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit
    Homedics Personal Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier, White
    Homedics (57)
    List Price:\t $29.99
    Price:\t $16.84

image.jpg

So really at this point you've got 180 watts of 6500k light, a cool mist humidifier, and with a couple of these timers. You're almost there. And you coming in under 60 bucks. But wait...

Throw in a little fan for this small space to move a little air.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002C3IOZG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?ie=UTF8&m=A82BFEDH7JCJY
    image.jpg
    Daffodil UFN01 USB Fan with Switch and Speed Adjustable - Can be Powered by USB (USB Cable Included) or 3 X AAA Batteries (Not Included)
    Daffodil
    Price: $5.15

Pickup some small indoor extension cords at Home Depot for 3-4$ each and start setting your grow room.

So... Lets see.
    Lights, fan, timers x2, humidifier, extension cords x3
    Maybe $70 or so. Too easy.

4. About what I used when I started my first grow. Very detailed and informative. Good job man.

:Stay true, Smoke about it:

5. Come bros. I know U guys have some valuable info on this topic. This forum is overflowing with experienced grower. Throw the newer guys a bone. Lets get some more items for them to look at in here. GROWING ON A BUDGET is easy. Ill keep adding as well.

6. Keep it frugal.  I have a tone of info on my link in my sig line, but it is common sense with a little homework.

If I can do it cheaper, I can spend elsewhere!  Cabo baby!

Best of success!

7. are these Full Spectrum Light Bulbs good for the entire proces? (grow and bloom)

8. #9 N.Cali-Grown, Nov 8, 2013
  9. #10 baserun, Nov 8, 2013
    thank you very much :D now i just need too a version that's for sale in belgium :p

10. There's a book you can find free on google it's all about growing 8 oz for under 100$. Oddly enough it's named something like G 8 oz of weed for under $100.

11. Haha nice. Well that would be a pretty helpful reference. Not necissarily the end all be all for affordable growing starter set ups. But a link would greatly beneficial to the thread and our users.

12. Oh come on I Google searched it and found 15 diff links to it. Teach a man to fish. Don't just give him one.

13. Um... Not what I meant.
    What I was saying was it would have been more beneficial to have attached a link to what u were referencing.
    Yeah I know I could find it. That's besides the point.

And it's not ME your teaching how to fish bro. It's fishing lessons for all the guys that have ZERO experience growing.
    What better than stumbling upon a single thread overflowing with insight and links and references providing everything one would need to get started confidently. I don't see the problem...

14. My apologies I knew I wasn't teaching YOU to fish. I was at work and just quickly had to respond. Some people still don't know to google this stuff. Hence why so many people come asking questions instead of searching for answers. I haven't downloaded the book. So don't have a great link to it. I feel buying the actual book would be safer than downloading it online. It describes a whole grow with pictures day to day. Lists all equipment and price.

It's on amazon sorry for lack of link.

15. Once a year Walmart has cfls on sale for like 44 cents thanks to a deal with Edison.

And tbh, for 300 dollars you can almost buy a tent (amazon)

A nice German reflector hood

And a nice digital ballast

For 30 more you can get cheap hps at 1000bulbs

That setup will put anything else cfl wise to complete and utter shame.

Grow in the winter and all you need is a fan, since heat won't be an issue at all.

16. #17 GoldGrower, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    4x 20w CFLs £8
    Plastic box 1'x1'x2' £4
    4x lamp holders £2
    White plastic sheeting £2
    Cable and plug £2
    2x PC fans £4
    Adapter to run the fans £5
    Thermometer £1
    Timer £2

All for £30 + plant and nutrients
    Easily harvest 1oz

Ignore the mini flood and drain set up in the photo. Soil or DWC is probably best in this little grow box

[​IMG]

17. Cheep and shiny
    Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets (Pack of 10) by Mylar http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GCRWCG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_cqJFsb0Z1WPJS

from someplace on something

18. Nice. Great post guys. That's cool set up GoldGrower. I like it.
    All good stuff. Keep it coming gents.
    Ill dig up a link on that book. Sounds perfect for the scope of this thread.