growing next to a lake

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by abizzelfoshizze, Mar 20, 2005.

1. <TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" background=templates/PlanetSkunk3D/images/ln2.gif colSpan=2 height=6></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%" colSpan=2 height="100%"><MWTHREE style="DISPLAY: none"></MWTHREE>growing next to a lake

i am going to be growing next to a lake this year the thing that bothers me is the lake is really nasty and dirty its like a garbage dump almost the plant isnt going to be getting any water from the lake but the soil could have some of the water a littel ways down i m just wondering if you all think i should just plant them in pots
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. maaaan, i dont even grow, and dont plan on it. But i think you should totally consider some of the hydroponic methods all these people post about. The ones that you can buy for under $400, or just the homemade things.
    Here's one mentioned alot:
    http://www.overgrow.com/article/12/1

There was another one I've seen, but I can't find it right now. Its using one of those big 30 gallon-ish storage tubs. Cut 2 holes in the lids, in opposite corners, and grow the plants outa those. I just figured the bubble bucket method linked above would be more effective, and easier to maintain once its all up and running.

And hey, if you just want them outside so you dont need to provide artificial lighting, then thats cool. Besides, you gotta have the plants/clones already grown a bit, and well rooted, before you shove 'em in the buckets.

so, yeah.

3. As long as the Soil is good I'd plant them next to your lake. Where I plant the soil is not good at all so I use 5 gal buckets and have had good luck with the bucket method.