Growing near marshey water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kanti, Feb 2, 2007.

1. im planning on doing a few outdoor grow sites i live in nothern california, and i was hoping to grow one of them along the many miles of creek's near my house. The only thing is that most of the creeks are slightly marshy with partial salt water, will this damage the plants growth or kill them if they are introduced to a salty habitat?.

2. u can just put the plants in 5 gallon pots or more and put the pots in the ground if u are worried about it... also, easy to move a plant if u had to, and it wouldnt even have to be chopped if it wasnt done...

3. You can build some grow boxes(with open tops and bottoms) make them 18"x18" x 3' tall...from some 2x2's and 1/4" plywood (Paint them OD green)...put some peat in the bottom to filter the water as it wicks it way up to the plant.....18-20" of peat should do it then put a nice grow mix in the top of the box and stick a clone/seedling in it a forget about it until august if the ground is "Swampy" they will self water all summer...don't try to use it twice in the same place...unless you dump the peat and put in new....it will be full of salts :cool:

4. i would be worried about the salt water andmold but not sure