Growing Mushroom Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by R420, Aug 30, 2009.

1. #1 R420, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    Does anyone know what the temperature and humidity should be for growing mushrooms?
    Admins and mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please move this thread if necessary

PICS BELOW

2. assuming you have a small portable grow op, just throw them in a shady spot outside.

3. #3 R420, Aug 31, 2009

No we have a tub filled with heated water then another tub on top of that one with substrate jars with a growing medium and injected spores in them. Today we saw that the spores in the substrate jars looked good so we took the jars out and flipped the spores so they are on top. here's some pictures of the setup. any comments or adice is greatly appreciated.
    let me know what you think

This whole setup cost $100 and is fairly easy to grow
    Heres where I got it
    Click here for link!

Please let me know what you think

Attached Files:

4. Comments or advice anyone?
    Is this in the right thread, and if not how do I change it?

Thanks GC!

5. looks good to me, just remove the towel and put the water to about 65 to flower them. have you grown with this setup before? what are your yeilds and harvest times? and where do you get your spores and what species? haha sry for 20 questions but ive re-gained my interest in Mushrooms and might end up buying that same setup. Ive been discussing it with the Mrs. and its looking good so far lol.

6. Different mushrooms require different temps........Shitakes 50-80`, Pearl Oysters 55-75`, Nameko 50-65`, Espresso Oyster 55-75`, Blue Oyster 45-65`, Enokitake 45-75`, Pink Oyster 70-85`,Reishi 70-80`, Maitake 55-70`, Cinnamon Cap 50-60`, Lion's Mane 65-75`, Stone Mushroom 60-80`, Pioppino 50-70` and Turkey Tail 65-75` to name a few.

Humidity's vary on each also.......generally, mushrooms need at least 80% and up to 93% RH for optimum fruiting.........need to know which mushrooms you're growing......mushrooms are fascinating to grow aside from our beloved herb.......

7. I appreciate the advice! +rep for both.
    Ill have the answer to strains in a little while.

Mafu- Never grown from this setup, Idk what the yeild is going to be or when the harvest time will be.

All questions will be answered soon, please subscibe!

Couple more questions, When should I know when to harvest and should I be watering or spraying the spores or the tub that the spores are in? And will I ever have to give them any sort of nutes

8. Answers to questions,

1 - [bulk-340] 3 syringes for 40$ deal @ $40.00 USD
    Enter 3 Strain Names: B+ PF Golden Teacher

Thats all I know, Any advice on nutrients, watering spores, when to harvest, Anything. This is my first grow.

Should the thermometer hygrometer be inside the growing chamber or in the water?

Thanks in advance

9. Anyone, This is my first grow and I need advice on anything I need to know or that im doing wrong. If you know any answers to the questions above this post please let me know.

Thanks GC!

10. google it man or i have found fungifun.org very helpful lots of good links on there , and btw who did you order your spores from? i ordered some b+ from spore store and they were crap i was so pissed ,injected 12 jars of substrate and did not get one to colonize , good to see some shroom questions on here though ive read that you harvest when the little cover that protects the underside of the cap starts to pull away from the cap

11. Surprised nobody has directed you to shroomery.org yet. Because that's honestly the site you should check for shroom info this is Grasscity after all :smoke: Kind of like going on shroomery.org and asking how to grow weed- know what I mean.

12. #12 R420, Aug 31, 2009

Thats why I kept asking if this is in the wrong forum, Ill check out shroomery.org, but I figured that GC could help some too.

Thanks!

Edit: Im just helping out a friend so I dont know any think about the spores other than what I posted
    (Randy Dewey Cox)

Please keep replying GC! Thanks for all the support

13. Set your temp around 68-75F. And with cakes you want your humidity around 95%. You should really try casing though, its not as hard as every one makes it out to be. And yeilds much better.

14. Thanks, Anymore opinions or comments from anyone?

15. shroomery.org really is the place to find anything and everything related to growing. im sure you can find answers over there. there is a lot of reading to do to know what your options are and such. from what i read as you get better at growing and learn tricks to increase yield you'll find your perfect stats setup and eventually be able to grow and harvest with in just a couple weeks or so. for a beginner it can take a month or more their first grow. check out that website though for sure, some really good info there.

16. I'm not actually growing the mushrooms, I'm just helping my friend and monitoring the growth. I'm just keeping a grow log here open to opinions, Comments and advice.
    Thanks!

17. Fungi Perfecti®

These guys have some good stuff and some great info.......It's run by Paul Stamets, a leading mycologist with several good books he has authored.

(I buy his mychorrizae product MycoGrow for my MJ grows) He even has one for hydroponics.

18. Thanks.

Does anyone know if you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can have a sig?

19. I don't think so......click on User CP/Settings & Options/Edit Signature and try it.

20. Im trying to put two links and it says "BB code size value is too big."