Growing multiple plants in one container

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by BigLife247, Jun 16, 2017.

1. #1 BigLife247, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Growing multiple plants in one container to save space or grow on a budget.

A lot of growers claim that growing multiple plants in one pot is not a good idea. I'm here to tell you that growing like this is very possible. This will only work if you start from seed. Clones will grow to fast. This can be done with reg,fem and bag seeds. Will not work well with pure indacas.
    This is my third time growing with this method. I do this to perfect the method then teach it. Like me when I started funds were low and I had to wing it in a couple of grows. Aka impreviz.

Step: 1
    I'm using 19 gallon plastic totes made for clothes ect. Use no more than 10 plants per 10 gallons..
    Start seeds as regularly in cups or cubes. ect. Veg for one week.
    Keep in mind because this grow works well with sativa dominate trains you will only need to veg for a short period of time.

Step:2
    Week two, time for transplant to final container. Sepreate far as possible yet aligned evenly. I have 16 plants in one container 4 rows of 4. As they grow you will need to train them away from one another.
    As your plants grows the leaves get bigger and because the plants are close they will begin to stretch in week two because no light can reach the bottom of the canopy and stem. So the will elongate.
    This is good for your grow because with a little stretch you can train the plants apart. I like to top or fem my plants at this time. Also because in this grow I am using bag seeds like most bag seeds they are either pure sativa or a sativa dominate hybrids with some indicas mixed in . FYI this grow method works best with sativa dominate hybrids and pure sativas because they generally don't get busy after topping... I suggest topping at two and a half weeks. Depending on if they begin to stretch to much I bend and squeeze the lower stem to make them heal and slow down vertical growth until the shoots begin to take off after topping.

Step:3
    This will be week three from seed.
    Your plants are recovering. Its best not to feed your plants at this time. Nutes may be harmful if your plants are already stressed to young.
    At week three and a half begin feeding again. You should see your new tops growing steady. At this point you will train the plants further apart because the leaves will widen up because we toped the plant. So vertical growth has slowed. Use what ever method you like to train the plants apart.but only top once. You don't want to slow growth any further as this is a form of growing that allows you to grow vertical and not bush out.. Only a 3 to 4 week veg. Then begin flowering.
    End of veg steps

Will post pics of veg step by step. After this post. Then I will continue to update week to week as I am in week 3 of veg switching over to flowering sunday the end of week 4.
    : Nutrients used
    .root organics surge
    .cal-mag
    Feed once a week start with cal-mag in week 1. Only a quarter of the recommended dose.

Week 2 start with a quarter dose of root organics. Use full dose of cal-mag.

Week 3 use full doses of both cal-mag and root organics.
    Water twice per week depending on the size of your container. Feed once and the second time just water . Repeat week1-week4

Week 5 start with a low dose of flowering nutes.

I finally decided to sign up to one of these forms and post something useful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Excellent tut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I got .2 of a gram in my 4" x 4". it was super loud and stank up the whole block!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6

4. I am.. I just... I am confuse?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. #5 BigLife247, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've seen several operations that plant in beds, but 10-20 plants is quite ambitious for such a tiny tote. The only successful bed grows I've seen have ample amounts of space. 5'x10-20' beds do amazing with several very large girls in em.

Multiple plants in a single "container" isn't a bad thing if your beds, pots, or containers are of substantial size. Doing this in a tiny container would have very adverse effects on the whole grow.

OP I'm sure I'm not the only one who is quite curious to see some photos of a successful grow using your method. My team doesn't grow small plants, so it's impossible for me to visualize that many plants in what I'm guessing is a footprint of something like, what 2-4 sq ft...? Also how many cycles have you run the strain? It'd be interesting to know how much yield difference there would be between runs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Would love to see a grow journal of this tech.. i always keep an open mind and operate on the what ever floats your boat ideals, too many get down right nasty when someones got a different way of doing things instead of embracing what can be learned, i have had zero good experience growing multiple plants in one container indoors, yep they grow and finish but the weight is always low but thats just my experience, i say good luck and would love to see some photos

• Like Like x 2
  8. The first two times that I used this method it was from random seeds. Both times I yielded a little over a pound dry. This grow I'm thinking might be around a pound or less. I used way more plants than the first two times. Like 7 more plants. This will all be used for butter. My normal and preferred grow method is large plants outdoor.

• Like Like x 1
  9. More power too you bro! I so miss the great outdoors maybe i need a 4x4 wheelchair! Rippers would just follow my tracks ..., moving indoors had a steeper learning curve then i expected i have to laugh at my first grow yea i got product but if the wind blew the buds would roll off the table they were so light & fluffy..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1