Growing methods for outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jhova, May 31, 2006.

1. Upon my new plant im thinking of doing something to keep my plant size down. Whats your favorite method? I know of vokals LST method, but will that work well outside in a inground plant?

lemme know :eek:

2. i am inexeprienced and have not done this myself, however i have read up on the topis lately and have found information that MIGHT help you. Aside from LST which can be donw on an outdoor plant easily (just make sure you keept the main stalk straight up and down to avoid uprooting her) you can use a method called topping. Topping is when you cut of the top shoots of the plant. You can pinch, clip, or snip off the freshest or tallest shoot, cutting just below the last fully formed node. Topping encourages new braches to grow at the site where the top shoots have been cut and can allow you to keep a plant short and bushy while also allowing you to have more than one cola on your plant.

3. The down side of topping is that it is stressing the plant and can cause her to go hermie.

Having said that, I have had plants topped, either by accident or chewing off, and have not experienced this problem myself.

But I like my plants to have a low profile, and I achieve this by tying them down. Each branch then tries to act like the main cola, so increasing the yield.

Grasscity Deals Near You