Growing medical marijuana in the Portland area

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by d_speer91, Feb 18, 2015.

1. I will be graduating from college with a bs in biochemistry next year and am planning on moving to Oregon afterwards. My tentative plan is to grow medical marijuana, and possibly recreational, after I am established with a biochemical research job in Oregon. My plan so far is to start working full time and saving up for an aeroponics system that will eventually support roughly 40 plants. I want to start by growing on a small scale, maybe 200-500 watts for a few months to a year as I network and gain hands on experience. To start the project I will use money from summer sales and my post college job to get started. I am looking for guidance, warnings, and networking; really anything to help me plan and make decisions regarding this idea. The two major deterring factors for me right now are federal attention if it is successful and Oregon having an over saturation of current growers with years of extensive experience and networking. Thank you for anyone taking the time to read and a huge thanks to anyone willing to share knowledge and opinion!

2. Ambitious just like me and plan on doing it in the PAC west as well