growing marijuana in a tree

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by hd2, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Put a small stake next to it for support, and secure the stem. Nothing too fancy, you could use a toothpick and a twist tie. Gently.

2. #22 hd2, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    just got back from the spot and i took your advice and tied a hair clip to the stem and its looking good and healthy so far

3. #23 dankohzee, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009

:) (nubes are funny)

4. subscribed :)

5. Maybe try some mouthballs in some netting or cheesecloth to keep the pests away. It seems to work in my veggie garden. I just don't leave them on the ground or in the soil so they don't leech into my goodies.

6. Alright so I went in today and everything is doing well. I'd say they are about six to eight inches and are becoming much more stable. Around what time will I be able to find out if it's female??

7. also i want to start feeding soon and wondered what formula would be good for the plant now? i found some 15-30-15 plant food in my garage but from what ive read that wouldn't be too good for it, any advice helps

8. Read in the stickies what ferts you need for veg and flowering, then buy some.

9. went yesterday and here are some new pics. i was considering lst but i think ill most likely let this one grow natural and wait till next year for that, and ill be getting a couple more buckets up in the tree.. advice/comments help, thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool idea. People tend to grow in tree tops normally in the jungle because of the dense vegetation but it should work for you too. :hello:

11. #31 hd2, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    havent posted in a while but when i went back there a few days ago found some white bugs on the plant and then saw that there were a few holes in the leaves. ive been fairly lazy as far as bugs but i put some mothballs in there and put a layer of bug repellent on the soil but ill need to find an organic long term fix for those mother fuckers. anyways it looks like that the repellent and mothballs has kept them away and the holes and bite marks have gotten no bigger

Attached Files:

12. anyone know of a good organic bug repellent that does the job

• Like Like x 1
  13. Are you getting the sense that you're wasting your time yet? Take that poor plant down outta that tree so you can get some bud in the fall. When I need to get out of the sun I find a tree. Putting a plant in a tree is the same as putting it in the shade.

Try using pyrethrins for bugs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. The tree that it's in had the top blown off during a wind storm. It's getting about 8 or 9 hours of intense direct light. The area that I live in is very populated and there isn't anywhere that gets enough light for the plant to persevere on the ground due to the amount of foliage. Where do you think i could find pyrethrins?

15. Insecticides in garden centres. Read the label !!

16. heres an update
    as you can see its pretty tall and thin and that could just be bc its sativa but i also read that thats a sign of it being a male....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. update

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. wow your plant looks great. :smoke:

19. Can you take a picture from down below? For me? :rolleyes:

20. putting them on the ground seems to do the trick :smoke: