Growing Like There's No-Till-Morrow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by FlexedDabs, Jun 11, 2018.

1. I do the same as Mike. Rubbermade totes are awesome! You can have premixed grow medium ready to go, and it’s all stored in a way that keeps bugs and other intruders out of your medium (because it is sealed).

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

2. Bro, we don’t tolerate that kind of talk around here. This is a family-friendly forum LMAO

Man, I am DIGGING your grow space. I would much rather do what you did compared to growing inside of a grow tent. The way you did it is smart - that type of area can be made larger and can be modified. Grow tents are the size that they are - of you want to increase your space you gotta buy another tent.

I can tell you really did your homework when it came to purchasing your lights. Quantum Board LED’s are the cat’s tits! I have that same setup, but my 288 boards don’t have the newer V2 diodes.

What do you think of the lights so far?

3. Thanks man, that room was a ton of work (and $$) but I think it will pay off. I might end up getting a 2x4 tent to put under the stairs for a couple mother plants once I switch from autos to photos. Or maybe build another under the stairs room, but the wife specifically does not want "a pot basement" so I have that to deal with... But hey, at least there are no dogs eating plants

The lights are killer so far but my plants are still tiny so it's hard to tell. On the recommendation of another member here I started the lights at 100% but that are a good 5feet above the plants. Girls seem happy with them too.

4. I can personally testify that the Gelato bud Mike is holding in his hand is some of the best, top-shelf quality smoke I’ve ever had...and the small sample he gave me to try hadn’t even been cured yet. Just so you know - Mike knows what he doing!

5. Any idea who the breeder is for that Gelato?
    @TPC_Mikey

6. Nope got a clone in the mail from a buddy in cali. but ill try to find out.

7. Ok it either was bread by Clonebros or Blacksheep it is Gelato 33 aka Larrybird

8. Weekly update:

The GG is out in front looking the best.
    GG - Day 11

20180811_080542.jpg 20180811_080548.jpg

This one is in a 5 gallon pot in the center of the room.
    RQD2 - Day 10

20180811_080628.jpg 20180811_080649.jpg

Not too sure what is causing the leaves to turn down on this one. Any ideas?
    Diesel - Day 11

20180811_080601.jpg 20180811_080610.jpg

After a two day pause in her growth, this one is starting to pick up steam.
    Bubblelicious - Day 11

20180811_080617.jpg 20180811_080625.jpg

Group shot
    20180811_080950.jpg

Sadly the Fruit Auto does not seem like it is going to going to make it. I'll giver her a couple more days to make any progress then, R.I.P.

I'm going to fill that bed with the Mystery Seed Comparison grow. Which should be on it's way. Scheduled to be planted Wednesday.

• Like Like x 3
  9. The leaves turning down could be tad bit of over watering or soil may be a tad hot dont worry about it, and if i were you and you loose one of those plants i wouldnt repalce it you are going to be challenged for room in that space when those take off.

10. A tad late my friend. The Friut auto from Dinafem did not make it. I have not planted another in its place yet as that is reserved for the Fastbuds Mystery Seed Comparison grow.

You really think I will run out of room? It's a 4x4 and I'm planning on running 6 autos total. I am going to LST two of them, one got unwillingly topped, one will grow straight up, and the last 2 I'm undecided on.

I'll get an update out sometime today with some pics and more details.

11. Flex, you’ve probably already explained this, but why the long brown rice? Does it hold moisture in or something?

12. Weekly update:
    Bubblelicious, GG, and Diesel are all big enough to introduce some cover crop. I added 1 Tbsp of cover crop seed mix from BAS and 1 Tbsp of Mykos to each 20 gallon pot and watered them in.

Biggest update this week is with RQD2. She was attacked by a little caterpillar which ate some of her leaves and burrowed a home in her main stem just below the new growth. When I found the lil SOB the damage was done. The entire top of the plant fell right off. So I guess this will be my topping test. I'm not expecting much out of her.

20180817_070053.jpg

20180817_070031.jpg

Bubblelicious is slowing moving along. I have decided she will be my tester for not training and no topping. Shell grow strait up like mother nature intended.

20180817_065657.jpg

20180817_065739.jpg

The GG and Diesel are about neck and neck growing at the rate I would expect, beginning of the 6th node by day 15-17. These two will be my LST testers. I'm guessing this will be the best way to grow autos so that's why I'm training two.

20180817_065937.jpg

20180817_065907.jpg

20180817_065533.jpg

20180817_065455.jpg

20180817_065621.jpg

I also planted a Kush Auto from Seedsman in a 5 gallon pot I had sitting outside. I think this is where the caterpillar came in.

20180817_065826.jpg

I'm still waiting on the Fastbuds Mystery Seeds for the Vault Comparison grow to come in the mail. That will fill out my 4th 20 gallon pot.

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I’m loving it, bro! Very professional. I can tell you did your homework!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I don't think I have explained that yet.
    They are rice hulls. I get them at the home brew store. I used them as a small part of the airation in my soil mix but had a ton leftover.

I am using them as my mulch layer. When you have a no-till soil you want to keep it constantly moist, contrary to the standard wet/dry cycle. The rice hulls help keep the moisture in the soil. It also allows the worms to come to the very top of the soil without having to deal with the light.

Overtime the rice hulls will break down and form a nice humus layer. I will be top dressing directly over the hulls and once I harvest, all of the stems and fan leaves will go on top of the hulls forming a new multch layer.
    Rinse and repeat for each cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I hope your comparison seeds come today flexeddabs..your others look good friend..dam caterpillar

16. Damn I need to do more reading about supersoil stuff. I stopped doing homework after I purchased my supersoil concentrate. I need to learn how to recycle it.

17. IMO, @Sc00byD00bie has compiled a great set of resources that pretty much covers everything.

All Organic Recipes and Notes Compilation

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Looking good flex, here is a couple shots of couple of my ladies in flower. Just about think i have this aphid problem whipped. I dont wish these little bastards on anyone they are tough to kill.
    GG4 shes at about 30 days right now
    DQOX0535[1].JPG
    Gelato (larry bird) you can see the aphid damage they are root aphids so it causes deficiencies
    JWSA4927[1].JPG
    GG4 again
    LWCU9174[1].JPG