Growing inside in tent, what about odor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Uncle Scrog, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Now thanks jetski! This was the kinda answer I was looking for. So there might be a problem with having guests even if one has a carbon filter, especially if one suspects they are not so mj tolerable..:smoking:

2. What about the noise from a fan, can it disturb neighbours? and will you be able to hear it if ther is a good door to the closet inside which the tent stands? does HPS lamps produce noise? I´m gonna use a 600 W one.

3. Man if you have this many worries I dont know if growing is for you...

4. its certainly a possibility, but with the room that your tent is is has its door closed and a couple of air fresheners around the home you should be fine.

if you do have visitors its worth shutting it all off to cut out air circulation, noise and heat. less heat less smell. less air circulation the less chance the smell will waft around the house

you will unlikely hear the fan next door. possibly in another room if everything is very quiet. if you get a fan speed controller you can turn it down until your happy. less fan speed may limit your lighting options

cfls produce little heat so your fan requirements will be less. this might be a valid option for you

5. It can disturb neighbors if your in an apartment or townhome. The quietest fan is the panasonic whisperline but you will need to hard wire it as it has no plug. I bought the biggest one a month ago and its by far quieter than any grow fan of comparable cfm. Noise isn't a problem for me but I like quiet grow rooms. As for lights the only silent light ballast setup I have seen or used is the Gavita 1150 watt light. The ones I have make zero noise compared to the other 5 ballast/light brands I have. But, they are expensive and lights and ballast noise shouldnt be a problem unless in an apartment, they might vibrate a bit.

6. go for a digital ballast if you go HID. low noise and use less electric

7. I apologize for sounding so negative earlier..

8. You´re excused smokeNtoke99 :p

So do you really think a normal 600 w hps might be heard by neighbours? Yes I live in a block of flats, can hear dogs barking through the walls, but not much else, no music/tv/no sexy sounds making it through my walls. Once though a guy knocked on my door to complain over me playing a normal classic guitar without any amplifier..

9. non of it could be compared to barking dogs or a guitar. you will have to keep an eye on the smell though

10. And be carful bringing in all your supplies dead give away

Sent from iPhone 5

11. Yeah, I was thinking to carry everything in some bags, so no neighbours will se that I´m gonna be growing.. Thinking I will go with just a normal hps and fan, I have a good budget, but already theese things: tent + cooltube 600 hps + fan and carbon filter, will cost me around 600 euros. Would be awesome though if I could use this max silent fan and digital noisless hps system. Thanks!! I might make a thread abouth the scrog tent when I´m well in to it!

12. Yeah it's not much more for the electric system amazon has all you need lol some stuff Is off brand but you can find good deals on all the items you will need

Sent from iPhone 5

13. Can't believe some of the answers on this thread. Sheesh.

Uncle Scrog, put your mind at rest!
    If you have a good filter/fan setup you will have no smell.
    Zero. Nada. Zilch.

I grow some really smelly strains under a 1k, and I don't get a smell even if I stick my nose right in the exhaust. In fact I can even leave nice funky weed in the room (in the complete open) and it doesn't smell much, because all the air's room is being sucked in to the tent and scrubbed there.

====

Now, there is a little warning:
    In time, perhaps after two grows or so (depends on the quality) the filter will start to lose its efficiency. This is the danger zone. You may say to yourself. 'Oooh, I better replace it'; you've noticed that now you can smell it a bit as you put your nose to the exhaust. Do it. That's no time to delay, otherwise you'll get used to it, but your guests might not!

14. Thanks for giving me peace of mind, Gert Lush, souds pretty good!

15. Get a can 33 and a 6" inline

16. While there are men who have made it a custom to cut off their beard, there are some who love it when they have a long beard or a trendy stubble. Here are a few types currently prevalent in the market.

Beard places your personality to the next level and having the right best beard style is like icing on the cake. Its almost the end of 2019. The new year 2020 is going to be started. Beard style always remains on the top in the list of men’s fashion goals.