Growing in winter?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Norcal Bud420, Nov 26, 2010.

1. My old time friend was telling me he wants to grow while the season is over. is this true? do you need to have auto flowers only? is this even possible.(live in california where the winter here doesnt get too cold)

2. whats good norcal i was wondering the same thing...

except somebody told me i could veg indoor with some cfl's for a month or two then take outside and let them bud before we switch the lights back or someshit like that...i was really considering doing this but not sure if i can...i also live in northern central cali...

3. bump cause im in desperate need to know!

4. From my understanding you can. As long as you dont get snow and frost and terribly low temps. Only thing is, they wont get as big, and will mature earlier. Also the buds probably wont be massive and rock hard. Im still in my first grow and its just about summer time here so yeah I am no expert.

5. i am currently growing for THE very first time.outdoor west coast south of mendo area.
    well im doing it in one of those small classic orange clay pots. its bout 5in diameter pot so it is a small pot there for it is most likely root bound.well it is growing slow compared to indoor grows ive seen.but hey its still alive.in this small pot for bout 2 and half months it has grown to bout 5 in currently. it has what looks like bud formations :D its my first ever grow so i really love this plant. but yea my winter grow.

6. Man I think a bigger pot would help you a lot, 5 inches in 2 and a half months is insanely slow, unless mabye you mean 2 and a half weeks?

7. yea bigger pot will have helped also im currently growing in winter.

8. If the temperatures are warm enough (>70F in the daytime and above the low 50's at night) you can grow fine pot during the winter. I vegetate under CFLs for a month or so, and then let the huge difference in photo period outside complete the flowering. Seed started in Dec. under 18+ hrs. should finish in April. See the Late Winter Grow thread in my signature.