Growing in winter in Florida?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Fedor, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Hello all, I'm thinking of starting to grow my first plants soon. I live in North Central Florida where the winters are pretty mild with only a few frosts usually. I was planning on growing around 5-10 plants in some woods right by my house(hammock woods) that has pretty fertile soil. The problem I'm running into is that I'm gonna be starting my first grow in October... is this problem much smaller than I am perceiving it as? And what sort of results should I expect from my plants? I'm planning on germinating my seeds within a week or so. Thanks for your input

2. wait until february

3. I've been thinking about this also, over the last couple of months everyone I know who sells, (and doesn't rip me off) slowly, one by one, joined the army, moved, or just quit. I've never grown weed before but I have tons of swag seeds, and I plan on atleast trying to grow them. My plan is to Veg the plant in my house (don't want to flower here because of the smell) and then moving them outside. I read that if you just start growing outside the plant will start the flowering process as soon as possible and you will end up with a small plant with a small amount of bud. I plan on growing the plants inside until they are at least 10" - 12" tall then moving them outside. I'm not even sure if this will work well, but like I said I literally have thousands of seeds, and I figure if my "experiment" fails I can always start again in the spring.

4. yeah dude I'm planning something similar. I'm gonna give it a shot this winter just because I've got tons of seeds lying around, way more than I'll be able to grow next season so I'm gonna experiment and hopefully get a little bit of bud out of it

5. You cant start in October unless it is an autoflower. The days are already too short. My first grow ever was in South Florida planted in October and my plant barely made it to 6" before I had to harvest.

6. You can start INDOORS any time you like. Then, if you are frost free, move them outdoors and they will flower in the short winter days.