Growing in the Philippines - The Philippine Dream

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by greenops, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Are there Filipino growers in this site?

I lived there for 10 years and smoked with a lot of people and scored weed from many different sources.

I can get a kilo for about 150USD of the best weed in the PI, but thats is some outdoor sensi with big buds, a mild smell and much less potent than the weed you are used to. But for the amount you can easily get fucked up.

Shit, if you dont have the type of connect i that have, you can get some really waaack shit. I remember seeing mold at least once. They are compressed, dried bricks, smell like sport socks.

I just came across "high grade" (not really) weed over there twice, and it cost 40USD a gram!

So i moved back to europe now and i'm learning the art of growing.
    When i go back to the PI i wanna start to grow there and teach people to do it, so that the weed in that country will get a fucking upgrade!

My dream is to be able to cross the best local strain i can find there, with some pure skunk, kush and haze, and call it Baguio's Gold, PI Kush and The Pacman =)) \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. Im no grower but am filipino
    I live in the states but always dreamd of retiring to the Pl and grow

Ive looked up as much as i could on weed in the Pl and Isnt there a starin called bagiou gold already, i was also wondring were from in the Pl did u get your bud

Haha the Pacman, sounds like it would be a stout indica strain which will knock u out

3. dude that is wierd as fuck. i was just thinking i should move to the phillipines teach a village to grow marijuana and sell that shit around the world. i would be doing my dream job and helping people at the same time. great minds think alike.

4. Man that place has so much pot-tensial to but out some interesting strains
    Its so humid i wonder how that weather would effect out door growing
    Im worried bout mold the most

5. Yea theres something they call Baguio Gold. I guess its just an urban myth, anything that comes from Baguio that is good, is Baguio Gold.
    I get my buds from people in Manila, who get it from people that get it from the farmers, or so I was told. I even know dudes that go straight to the farmers, but they are in and out of jail so I dont wanna do business with them.

Lol yea the Pacman knocks everybody out!

6. Lol yea, this is the way i wanna help my country. Its not the villagers that need help with growing. The growers in the mountain regions are native people that have been doing it for generations. They know how to grow, they just need stronger more potent strains. Eventually cross it with their best strains.

What I want is to spark the beginning of a homegrown movement in the PI.
    There are many smokers who have enough money to pay a little more for better quality Im sure. And enough rich, jobless, stoner people bumming around. I know a guy just like that, ordered some Cinderella99 seeds online, and got it. He didnt know how to grow, so gave them to a friend who claimed to know how. Unfortunately nothing ever happened out of it.

7. Yea thats what im worried about too. Needs good ventilation and dehumidifiers... electricity bills can be tampered over there =)

8. o i thought there was extreme poverty there and i could show a poor village how to grow bomb ass strains that grow with resin and everything. and then move it somewhere that doesnt have alot of weed and profit

9. Hopefully i can make enuf money to start a big big grow op eathir in the Pl or near
    And do a lot of crossbreading and indepth growing
    Evebtually id give my seeds to some locals for them to make some cash and hopefully get a better rep for Pl bud

And possibly help tearin down the horrible laws in the Pl and just educate all of them

10. #10 Naeth, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yha but stuffs pretty cheap
    And ive been there a couple of times
    And i know u can get away with a lot
    But idk to what scale can be pulled off

Hopefully by the time i retire the US and Pl make there peace with the plant and i can grow without harrassmnt or worrie
    The dreams we all dream eh

11. #11 Naeth, Jun 14, 2011
    To an extent yes its pretty damn poor
    Theres a lot of villages and small towns
    But there are malls bigger than most in the US
    They get tech about the same time as japan
    And there are some pretty rich people

Saddly the gov is very corrupt
    And a lot of people suffer

Its still 3rd world so there some u can get a way with

12. Aren't marijuana laws pretty harsh in the phillipeans? I think it's pretty easy to get a life sentence...

13. #13 Naeth, Jun 14, 2011
    Inner city yes, but cops can be paid ofd easy
    And if ur not within the city u can get away with pretty much ne thing

14. you can bounty hunt there too

15. yes there is extreme poverty, communities living in self made shelters and shit, but also extreme wealth, people in mansions with 10 cars infront, plus everything in between =)

16. most people i smoked with dont care about the law. we light up everywhere. I got caught three times by the police. that one time the cop actually pulled his gun... for what? it was obvious we were unarmed. They always try to intimidate you by telling you about the law and the possible sentence you could face, but its obvious from the start that they dont really wanna do that... All they wanna do is scare you enough that you pay what they ask for.
    Its funny cuz they all the same, they start at around 150'000 pesos (3000USD) which is suppose to be the bailout fee.
    You have to negotiate and shit and that can take hours. At the end they let me go with paying them 5000 pesos and once with 10'000 (200USD) pesos. lol

17. Man check out PORMAL... you can add them up at facebook if you have an account. or go here: PORMAL – [ KNOW THE TRUTH ] – Philippine Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws

18. I was just wondring from any Pl natives whats the local bud like
    Is there any distict qualities of the strains there
    Or is it just a crap shoot of what u get