Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing In The North

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Boss Jojo, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Fellow tokers! I'm a beginner grower who lives up in the North. I've smoke for a few years now, and I've tasted sativa only Once. I have come to the conclusion that the best way to get sativa, is to grow it yourself. I'm planning to start growing outdoors next summer. Does anyone here have good recommendations for a fast sativa dominant plant, that grows well in rough conditions? It's not snowing all year around, but the summer's short, and has a lot of rain and short nights, and it can be sometimes under 15 celsius in the night. Please help! Thanks already forehand!

2. First of all where are you, north west, north east, canada. North isn't enough

3. #3 Boss Jojo, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    [quote name="SmokeyTheHuman" post="20579027" timestamp="1410166421"] Sweden! So the same as about half way up Canada

4. [quote name="Boss Jojo" post="20579115" timestamp="1410170809"][quote name="SmokeyTheHuman" post="20579027" timestamp="1410166421"]
    Sweden! So the same as about half way up Canada[/quote] well I wouldn't have experience, if you have short summers, sativas like long summers so if you could find a strain that's sativa and can finish within your summer and fall before,frost, and maybe start indoors early

5. Probably best bet is to invest in making a grow tent or box.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys! Yeah, gonna start inside. The grow tent is a good plan, but I'm looking for something a bit more discreet. Do you know if fast sativas could do it? I mean, they're fast, but most of them still recommend to have a mediterranean climate...

7. If you try to grow any strain to fast it will be a crappy final product. As for sativas, I am unsure of grow time in general, but I do enjoy Jack Herer

8. How many days is your average summer from last frost to first frost, you may be fine, if not start out way early indoors

9. The really warm summer (over 25 degrees celsius) is about for a little less than 2 months, then the temperature starts going downwards... The real cold (under 10 degrees celsius) doesnt start till november tho

10. you didn't answer my question lol, how many days do you have from last frost to first frost

11. #11 Boss Jojo, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Something around last frost in April and First frost in Late november, so about 200 days in between.

12. 200 days of no frost is enough dude. There is 175 days in the growing season where I'm at. Plant them early, because I didn't and mine probably won't be done in time and they are sativa