growing in the forest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bongalicouse, May 17, 2010.

1. Today while scoping out spots for my first outdoor grow i found several with good sunlight. The spots arn't necessarily in a clearing but they would get sunlight. My question is: There are other wild plants around the spots and im wondeing if they would block out the sunlight of my plant. They are close by but i could clear a spot so my plants wernt right underneath any other plants. Would they be able to grow like this?

Thanks for any help :)

2. I cant say for sure without being there with u too see the other plants.... but in my experience here in michigan.... my clones always seem to out grow everything else. Infact i would typically grow them in pots, never making any type of clearing then using the surrounding native veg to conceal my crops. I always grew in a boggy type marsh, no huge trees to block out light. Next to no traffic, with plenty of short scrubby type bushes to weave (lst) my branches thru.:smoking:

3. yea man i'd just clear yourself a little spot , size i'd clear is kinda depending on the number of plants your growing ... but you should'nt have a problem with them blocking light too much, i wouldnt think so at least.