Growing in the attic, will this work?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by excrementory, Jun 9, 2007.

1. I just moved to a new house, and I found a perfect part of the attic to grow weed in.

I have a suckish painting of it here:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7360/namnlsgn2.jpg
    The text below is in swedish, tanslated it says that I´ve found a great place to grow in, the space is 2,3x3x1.2 meters (widthxdepthxhight). The red part of the picture is a ScrOG, that is going to be put 35 centimeters above the floor. The gray are two fans. I´ve put the hps diagonally becouse if I´ll put it right above the plants I´ll probably burn them. I want the plants to become wide, not tall.

Hope you´ll understand, my english kind of sucks, sorry..;)

2. The question is not: CAN you grow in the attic - of course, you could grow in the trunk of a car.

The REAL question is: Can you manage temps, water temps, humidity in your attic.

If you can, then yes you can. :)

3. Well, let me reformulate the question for you then..:p

How will it work to use the hps by the side? Will the buds get enough of light, or should I change the postition of the light in any way?

I realize the thread is kind of useless, but you must know how it feels to be a newbie, it does´nt really matter how much you read on the subject, you´ll still feel unsecure until you get some experience. :)

4. I grew in my attic and the biggest problem i had was that i didnt have enough space and the plants grew up in my lights and got burnt, because the plants should be about 2 feet away from the light, also it gets really hot so your gonna need to tap into your ac vent or install some sort of cooling, i would also recommend mylar because, the outsides of the plants sometimes dont get the light, or dont get as much light as they should and this really produces less bud in the flowering stage, also dont cure in the attic, it dries out too quickly cuz of all the heat

5. Attics can get really, really, really hot. And then in that environment you create an enclosed space and run a really, really hot light. That is the biggest issue for most attic grows.