Growing in shed during winter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fernyp, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hey I'm planning on growing a few plants in my shed this winter. But I wanted to know the best way to keep the heat at the right temperature. Can I just leave heat lamps running or will I need a portable heater? Also what can I use to insulate the shed? It's basically a cheap plywood shed.

Thanks in advance,

2. Well you could insulate it with insulation! My room is in the attic and I have to run a space heater during lights off.

3. well you don't want to put fiberglass dust on your pants so think of a clean way to insulate??
    a clean grow area is what you want or you'll be smoking that dust

4. [quote name='"mikeyman"']well you don't want to put fiberglass dust on your pants so think of a clean way to insulate??
    a clean grow area is what you want or you'll be smoking that dust[/quote]

How would you cleanly insulate?

5. I would get everything out of the shed, then put the insulation up, than hammer wooden boards over it. Then clear out any mess with a vacuum thoroughly. Don't grow a smelly strain if your near peoples houses and gardens :)

6. [quote name='"imh1m4n"']I would get everything out of the shed, then put the insulation up, than hammer wooden boards over it. Then clear out any mess with a vacuum thoroughly. Don't grow a smelly strain if your near peoples houses and gardens :)[/quote]

Thanks! I'm actually thinking about dissembling the shed then reassembling it in a forest. And grow there. But what could I use to power it? I saw in another thread about rechargeable car batteries or solar panels to power the lights. Would that work?

7. hmmm a petrol generator? it's costly though. Best bit is stay where you are and get a carbon filter.