growing in NY

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by liberalmushroom, Jun 8, 2010.

1. hey guys, i was wondering if it was possible to grow outdoors in the new york area. i know the climate gets a bit cold. couple friends of mine had some indoor plants that they eventually put outdoors and they did pretty good. none of my plans on growing ever followed through so i hope this time it will work :D

2. Hey so im new to growing outside .... its april first and i have already germinated and started veging my plants inside on my windowsill with the help of some artificial light .... when are my plants big enough to transpant into pots and put outside/ when is it usually warm enough to do so... should i leave them outside during the day and move them inside at night ? when i move them inside should I make sure that it s dark inside or should i continue artificial light .. i live in southern ny an tips would help greatly thanks

3. You’ll be fine growing outside in veg if there is light more than 14.5 hours or so.
    Any below will induce flowering.

As the previous poster mentioned; you can bring inside after day light and use supplemental light to ensure it doesn’t flower on you. however, just know that is a task that must be consistent and followed through and any lapse in the process could potentially cause your plant to flower.

4. got you so if i keep 24 hrs of light on my plants thats okay even while switching them from outdoor to indoor at night? then once it it warm enough and they are strong enough to transplant to 5-7 gallon pots i can just leave them outside to start flowering process?

5. exactly.

this is basically what I do so I can have a flowering plant year round.

I use a cheap LED for 24/0 because the heat and energy is low.

6. I just plant my shit outside and let it do it's thing

7. when are my plants big enough to transpant into pots and put outside/ when is it usually warm enough to do so.
    What size container are they in now? When the threat of frost is over. In Michigan, I put my plants out 2nd week of June. That's when I'm sure we won't have any frost. I live in the Northern part of the state.

should i leave them outside during the day and move them inside at night ?
    Leave them outside. Once the threat of frost is gone your better off leaving them outside. Moving a plant from outdoors to indoors becomes a PITA.

when i move them inside should I make sure that it s dark inside or should i continue artificial light .
    Once outside leave them. See the second answer.

Another suggestion. Few weeks before your gonna plant, cut the hrs. of light gradually till your around what the daylight is in your area. Usually, something like 18/6 will be fine. It doesn't have to be exact. This will lessen the stress on your plants.

Remember its just a weed. HTH