growing in new zealand

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by high dorge, Oct 14, 2012.

1. hey guys i'm pretty new to growing weed but am fairly confident with growing plants.
    just wanting a bit of advise before i start off.

il be growing in central otago in new zealand which has plenty of sunlight over summer, daylight hours often go over 12 hours in later summer, i was wondering if this will cause my plants not to flower, will they still flower with say 14 hours of sunlight and 10 hours of night time? or will i need to cover my plants for 12 hours to force flower them and then when they are flowering let them revert back to natrual sunlight hours?

il hopefully be planting early november giving them water and nutriants, i plan to keep them in the veg stage for about two and a half months minimum, just see how it goes

any advice or feedback is greatly appriciated!
    sorry if this makes no sense to
    thanks guys

smoke up

2. Outdoors in Otago... that's ambitious. Get ready for those cold snaps.

3. A guy in know is growing in upper waikato and he planted last month from seed, his plants are already showing the pre flowers ;o. If you're planting in november then they'll start to flower about jan 20 and then you harvest 8-10 weeks after that.

4. Hey, im from Central Otago, i assume yours plants are growing by now, can i buy some from you??

5. ^Can't talk about selling man pm him if you want

drugs are bad mmmmmmkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaayy.

6. Harvest April. Sweet as!

7. Im from Queenstown what about you(except i dont grow):)

8. :wave:Edge of Heaven on the shores ofthe Mighty Manukau.

9. Q-town here :)

10. Born in Lower Hutt, Wellington, NZ. And the wife and I (plus kids) are thinking about moving to Wellington in a few years time.

Would the climate in Wellington be suitable?

Is smoking bud in NZ acceptable?

Is it easy to buy bud in NZ?

What are you thoughts on the possibility of bud being made legal in NZ in the future?

Guys please add me to friends if you like, would be good to get to know some people over there.

11. #11 Carl Weathers, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    You can grow outdoors in New Zealand, especially in the northern regions (beyond Auckland is a haven for outdoor growing). I'm sure Wellington would be fine as long as the area was sheltered from harsher bouts of weather. Growing indoors is a lot safer, and there are many grow-shops who make no secret of their purpose (Switched On Gardner has weed leaves in their logo.. Or at least they did till they were raided for growing in their shops lol). There is no power monitoring or helicopters with heat seeking cameras.. the only thing you have to keep under wraps is the smell.

The rule of thumb is to plant around Labour Day weekend (late October) and definitely not too late into November.

Smoking is fairly acceptable, the survey claims about 1 in 2 people smoke or have smoked. But it's not acceptable to walk around in public smoking it and you will be arrested. The police are generally lenient and have often turned a blind eye to innocuous use of cannabis. I've heard of many stories of penalty-free confiscations or "keep it at home" warnings issued by police. The police that I've met have all been smokers too...

Obtaining it is relatively easy, there is always someone who knows someone. Silkroad operates here also.

In terms of legalization, NZ are really stuck in the dark ages. The laws written 40 years ago are still in use. Parliament runs under the MMP system which means a party with a single seat in government have disproportionate power. Sadly that directly affects legalization, because there is a prick in government who goes by the name of Peter Dunne with draconian views on drug policy, and as long as his fat ass is in government there wont be a single rational decision made for cannabis.. while the rest of the world moves on. A couple of years ago the New Zealand Law Commission were recommending approval of medicinal cannabis, and with absolutely no reason he said no, effectively closing the book for everyone. He's a little shit who clearly never got over being the headboy at highschool.

12. I knew police here are corrupt.

13. I was under the impression that climate on South Island was very dependent on altitude. There should be maps and showing average last frost and average first frost. Remember that average last frost means a 50% change of having a frost before that date, and a 50% chance of it actually happening after. I believe most farmers use the 90% safety statistic for their planning.

Research your climate, as its hard to do it for you. For instance, average frosts occur 15 days earlier just 15 mins west from my home. Also I live a zillion miles away from you :p

14. There is frost where i live in the winter, probably more than other regions, plants just dont grow here for some reason, might have something to do with being very desert like.

15. When do plants usually start flowering in nz? I have a pretty tall outdoor one and im really hoping its not a male but I still cant tell, must be happening soon I guess?

16. Days are still pretty long, from sunrise-sunset was almost 14 hours today. It's shortening. I couldn't tell you when exactly, but maybe still weeks away before they show their sex.

17. Are either of you guys still in q town?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Harvest time Cornwallis

19. Anyone in Queenstown? Arrive tomorrow from Australia