growing in new jersey.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hydro201, Sep 29, 2009.

1. i live in north of nj and i wanna grow but since its colder here will it still be good? i know nj used to be mostly farm land. also since its colder what month should i plant the seed at?

2. no you cant grow outside it too late in the season

3. Talk about someone who should read the stickies....

4. No kidding.

5. #5 snowdog, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    i live in central jersey and ive been growing outdoor the last 3 years with good results. the guy i get my clones from does an average of atleast 50 plants outdoor a year and he gets atleast a lb. off of every plant. i have 3 clones out right now that are doing just find expecting to see 1/4 lb. off of each of them. they can grow in colder temps you just have to know the first frost dates. which in newark i think its the end of october but mine should be done in 2-3 weeks. if your starting from seed make sure to get everything ready early. start preparing in early march. mid april maby alittle later is a good time to put the seedlings out. if your working with clones then thats alittle different. i didnt put mine in the ground till the end of june and mine are pretty much done.. as far it being to cold i had my clone out last year into november and the guy i got it from had a couple patches out to

6. snowdog, if you don't mind me askin....

what kind of work did you do to maintain your plants? what kind of watering schedule (if any) did you have to have? I'm starting an outdoor grow next season and I'm curious what kind of maintenance you had to do over the summer? I know it didn't rain too much this year.... and what kinda strain you workin with?

1lb off every plant sounds amazing though, wonder how the guy does it? Thanks for any info you might wanna give haha, although I understand if you don't wanna share your secrets. :cool: I just want to grow enough to be self-sustainable lol.

7. Were you in a different NJ this summer? It rained A LOT. :D

8. #8 snowdog, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009

hahaha hell yes it has been raining alot lately to. 2 hurricanes came by and didnt hurt any of my girls. i have 2 crosses that the guy made, he named it "jersey girl", its a cross of love poition # 1 and eaither g-13 or this clone i had last year. both of them have two main colas and both of them have buds 1 ft long going down the stem. about 6 inches around maby more. and i have a nyc diesel. by far the best smelling bud i have ever smelled in my life. cant wait to harvest that one:hello:.. i get the clones when there about 2 ft tall. all of our spots we dig the holes as big as possible. usually atleast 4 ft by 4 ft and 3-4 ft deep. filter all the rocks out. we made a compost pile in the winter so we had some really nice stuff to bring in to. pruned all of them one when they were vegging. giving them there nutriants every water. because of the weather i tied up all the main branchs and some other side branches that had big nugs on them. i recently started to give them black strap molasses. i hope it makes them blow up in the next 2-3 weeks. should be a good harvest

edit- also if it sunny for a couple days straight i water every 2-3 days. gave them 2 gallons everytime except for after it rained and if they needed there nutriants i would only give them a gallon. i like my leaves to be a dark green

9. dam ur so lucky lol, im still trying to find someone who sells clones its hard ive been asking around for awhile but no luck :p how much r clones anyway?

10. all depends who you get them off of. i got mine for 50$ dollars each or split half. now that im seeing how much there going to get i think im going to just buy them off the guy. clones are the way to go though