Growing in my closet.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Johnybong, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Hey everyone how's it going. I have been considering growing plants in my closet and i already know how to grow i was just hoping i could get some tips. I was planning on growing 2-4 plants just for my own use. Now i was gonna cover the walls in that white reflective stuff i'm not sure what its called. I was then planning on growing the plants in 5 gallon buckets with a soiless mix. The only thing i wasn't to sure about is what kind of light should i use? I mean its not gonna be a big space but i still want a light that will emit the proper light spectrum to provide more vigorous and potent plants.

2. you could go with either cfls or better yet you could get a 400 watt hps from htg supply for like 140 with tax and shipping
    also you need to think about venting your grow room

3. for hps in a closet, you will also have to invest in a ventilation system other than a computer fan. compact flouroescents are definatley the way to go. get some shoplights with aluminum reflectors for like ten bucks each and screw a big cfl into each one as long as you have about 100 watts worth of light for each plant you should be fine. one light per plant with at least a 100 watt cfl in each.
    (i refer to the fact that they will emit the amount of light put out by a 100 watt incandescant, but the actual enegery consumption would be in the area of 40 watts)...hope that made sense...
    i had a grow just like this but my parents killed em, so i wish you the best of luck with this.
    peace