Growing in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by herb_master, Feb 19, 2014.

1. #1 herb_master, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Has anybody grown in the woods of Massachusetts? I plan on trying this year but am not sure when to start. Any advice? Experiences? Stories?

I have a few places scouted out and plan to try. I noticed a few places where people have left pots and fertiliser bags and even a hose, cut tree branches and have grown before.

Sent from my VS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Idk if those places would not be grown in this year chances are they probably will if they left all that stuff but idk maybe they decuded to be litter bugs

3. Yea id avoid an area that has any signs of people growing or doing anything to be honest. Why risk having someone stumble across your plot?

Find something off the beatin path. Make sure it has lots of open space to receive adequate sun throughout the entire day. A south facing hill with a clearing in the trees perhaps. Being close to a natural source of running water would be good to so you can just carry a bucket back and forth. Avoid sourcing stand still water such as pond or large puddle water. Id recommend starting seeds soon and get them out after the last frost which should be safe around mid to late april early may depending how far north you are.

Look for something that flowers in 8-9 weeks so you can harvest no later than early to mid october before the cold hits hard and kills things off.

Grow organic! Synthetics outdoors eapecially in the wild is horrible for the environment. Be patient and remember loose lips sink ships regardless of your legal status.

Hope this helps. Good luck!