Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing In House

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by insatiablesmoke, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Hey, i just recently picked up some seeds but i'm not so sure if i can get away with growing in my parents house.

How bad does it smell? would it be extrememly noticeable? how big would it get?

just trying to feel this idea out, thanks for any help

2. well, i would assume you're going for a small setup.

I know that when i lived at my parent's house, my mom would regularly look in my closets and such, so you need to make sure you have a closet or something like that, that they wouldn't be checking.

The real smell of it, only comes when you're hanging the bud to dry, then you can REALLLYYY smell it.

I haven't really noticed much of a smell when actually growing them, maybe a little towards the end of budding.

Also, this should have probably went in the growing forum, or apprentice tokers forum.. just throwing that out there.

3. I grew when I lived at my moms. It was indeed discovered.

It grew unnoticed for about 2 months. What you need to watch out for is the lights, watch your wattage and make sure light isn't leaking out of the closet or whatever.

4. Check out the grow section and get a GC green thumb.

5. yep my mom found my plant after about 2 months cause of the light....she was oddly chill with it though

6. my homie just grew in his closet and his whole house smelt like skunk when they started budding. plus the electricity bill was like 100 bucks a month

7. Don't do it in the crib you can make them lose the house.

Sound like you will be doing it behind thier backs anyways. just grow outside:)

I did do it but I got casught but my moms.

8. Ha same here. I was only like 16 or something and she let me go blaze at my friends house right after she confronted me. I even got her to apologize because i had given so much effort into my grow :hello:

9. same fucking thing bro. My got dam fan I was using to increase ventilation and what not was noticed.

I come home from class to " so whats this horticulture project you got going on in your closet"

and I am not even pissed that im gonna catch hell but the fact that my babies are never gonna be seen again that Ive woken up in the middle of the night for weeks on end to make sure their cycles are consistent.........shits crazy they are my babies.

10. some strains don't get higher than two feet others can go 4+

and there will be some strong STANK

I'd say unless you can do it away from the house wait until you move out.

11. I wouldn't recommend it. The smell alone will give it away, and you'll have to constantly maintain your plant(s) increasing detection potential.

12. makes sense. they know i smoke i just don't know how they'd feel about growing. but if its gonna have so many factors that give it away i guess i'll just wait :(

13. You should ask, doing it behind thier back isn't cool, you never know what could happen and the consequences you cause for your parents due to you wnting to grow.

I'm tellin you grow outside when srping comes:)

14. if your parents are really chill with it ask them if you can grow and if you get caught tell them you will take the fall. it worked for a friend of mine, even though his mom doesnt smoke

15. Growing in your house against your parents will and knowledge is both selfish and impetous. If you were discovered by the police then your parents could potentially lose the house and receive jail time, is that what you really want for the people who not only brought you into this world, but raised and supported you? Furthermore, it is extremely unlikely that you could grow in their house undetected because of the overpowering smell and sharply increased electricity bills. You should wait until you move out and grow to your hearts desire.

16. you live with your parents basically the same thing im going through im 17 what i have is a cubby hole right next to my bed if your gonna grow in your parents house without them knowing max amount of plants you should have are 2 and youll need to use cfls they dont run up your bill and you will need carbon filters for the smell it can be done without your parents knowing but you just need a good place in your house to do it

17. you mean you 18 right?

18. o yea i mean im "18"

19. ya gotta hate them typos when missing the 8 since it is right next to the 7. i grew in my parents house. was just schwag didnt smell too bad. now if your growing a bomb plant then well worry about the smell because it will get very strong unless you get carbon filters like mentioned earlier

20. I'm telling ya OP you shall never know the reaction of ya parents when they do find out.

When my moms did she didn't care but you might not be so lucky, I was paying her after she found out. The fuckin fan is what got me caught.