Growing in hot garage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wcooper2, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I am setting up my grow area in a hot Texas garage where temp can reach 100 degrees. A friend told me I would have to move inside to avoid mildew.
    Can anyone respond to this?
    Thanks

2. Midew and mold you get from hot humid climates. A hot garage is not an ideal place to grow unless you section part of it off or use a grow tent and use a portable AC to help keep the plants cooler. I was told that around 95 degrees plants slow down on growth and focus more energy into survivng the heat. Outside is different because the earth acts as a natural insulator keeping the root cooler helping it handle hot temps better.

3. Yea Texas from what I understand is a dry heat (unless your near a cost I assume) if this is true then mildew is the last of your worries. Like wcooper2 mentioned temps to high will stunt plant growth, and you will need A/C to keep them cooler.

4. My grow op is in a garage, and I don't grow over the summer for this very reason...

5. Like a shed the temp fluctuates so great you could not control it if you want. Reason being is like a shed most garages have either none or minimal insulation. Then you have that giant door also thats a beacon for heat and it all radiates in. Thats why garages are either blistering hot or freeze your ass off in the winter. You could fix that but thats a whole lot of work.