Growing in extreme temperature's. Indica vs Sativa.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Oldschool OG Kushman, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Growing outdoor in extreme heat vs colder climates. What strain is better and why? what strain is the all around toughest plant pure Indica or pure Sativa?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Indica will take dry hot and Sativa will take hot and humid but today most plants are hybrid so hard to really know unless you have something like a true Thai or Afghani to try it. The roots still need to be protected from high heat on both and at high temps the plants go into a "sleep" until it cools of.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Northern cali was hot as balls last year. Im talkin weeks where there was nothing but 100-115 degree weather. OG 18 that cam from the almighty humboldt county loved it. They were in a tiny apartment backyard with maybe 4-6 hours of light with just miraclr gro soil. The leaves curled a bit but it was extremely green and didnt show much stress. The plants were about 5 ft tall in a 5 gallon bucket and we sold all 3 for 200 in veg.

My vote goes for the OG 18 strain my man. Out of experience. You couldnt even go outside without sweating, how you supposed to grow cannabis out there? It was amazing to watch

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like a heat resistant strain, Ive been reading about 100's of strains and any kush seems to do good outdoor and are a very hardy strain. Thanks for the heads up. Sux you had to sell your plants.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It wasnt a neccesity but the smell wasnt the best thing to have around at a tiny apartment q: $25 for $200? No bad if you ask me

But i kid you not this thing had some of the darkest green leaves i had seen. Unfortunately humboldts a 6 hour drive so no more genetics like that for awhile. Probably until next season

• Like Like x 1