growing in dorm room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chugalug31, Mar 2, 2006.

1. hey guys, complete newbie here. i was just wondering if i want to grow just one strand in my dorm room, so i can have it in a pot on the window sill...would that work? and how much avg joints can i get from one typical strand? and is weed really as easy to grow as everyone says?

2. In my opinion, no its not easy to grow. You can grow it on your window sill, but it will be pretty crappy,not to metion it will take a lot longer than if you grew with lights. You cant trick the plant into a season change with the 12-12 lighting, you will have to actually wait for winter to come around again. What strian are you growing? Its almost impossible to say what your yield will be. Im going to say pretty small if your just growing in your window. I always say that if you going the cheap way with growing MJ, its not even worth it to grow it. Check out this http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=31653 it might help. Also you may want to use the search button and look around before asking these questions, they have been asked many times.

3. well bro...if you'd like to grow on a window sill in a dorm room....u can have a little simple setup with a good soil mixture, organic nutes and a some "Lowryder" type strain...Lowryders are known for their auto-flowering, low height, low odor, and its quick finishing time...perfect for beginners and very low maintenance....

I've grown lowryders in between my lettuce plants in my outdoor vegetables garden...and just allowed nature take its course...i averaged about 9grams from each plant...but not bad for low maintenance type bud...

cheers