Growing In CT.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jacobzav, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Alrighty fellow blades, I have a few questions on guriila growing in Ct. I was wondering when I should plant my seeds? The weather here is a-little off from the normal. Also is it easy to grow in this state? I rarely see heli's in the sky, so that worry isn't a huge factor. I was just looking for some help that people are used to this climate. No hate referring to other threads please. Any-who thanks guys/gals.

2. im in mass and i put my plants out around 4/20. and to your other question if its hard to grow in this area..i guess it depends on knowledge/experience with growing and what strains your goin for

3. Theyre probably going to get ravaged by deer. :(
    They love to eat buds and theyre overpopulated and hungry....Not a good combination

4. Heli's aren't really an issue .. .. For grid searches they have to borrow from Mass so they dont have them for very long .. The minimal amount of rural area makes it easier to hide such things from the aerial view.

Deer will get ya .. Use hot pepper wax spray, chopped up bar of soap(strong scent) and cages or plant in thorn bushes it's a great natural defense against the big herbivores.

As far as when to put them out .. Depends on weather. I never have a set time frame to put mine out but I aim for May15-June15 for clones and anytime in May for seedlings unless weather has me wait. If you have old clones put them out closer to June to keep them from starting to flower but with seedlings you have 4-6wks before they are even old enough to begin flower.

Strain choice is the biggest factor .. Most if the state has a big river nearby or on the ocean so mold and rot can be big issues. Something that chops in September is ideal but I've left a few tall(11ft) sativas out till mid November without an issue.

The biggest issue with CT is rippers. Plant in a difficult to get to area and plant in ground or make natural looking raised beds .. I use found tires and put a plant in the center and put brush around the tire to hide it or grab a few good size logs and put them together and fill the space w soil. If you plant them to look as natural as possible and in a difficult to access area you'll have a much greater chance if getting a harvest.

5. i work with a guy who used to be part of the drug task force here. the state police do have helicopters that they go up and look. good thing is we have a lot of woods, and they usually search based on tips they get. just don't be too obvious about it.

[​IMG]

6. i have been told by a few seed banks that dutch passion hollands hope is pretty good for the new england climate

7. Thanks so much guys! Lots of tips. I was wondering if I just used bag seeds since this would be my first legitimate grow. I heard that if you feed your dog meat, then let it shit, collect that, and put it near your plant it scares away deer. Something to do with them smelling the meat? Also should I germinate and then plant? Or go strait from seed to ground?

8. Ha .. Kiefer long time no see .. .. Yeah ik they got choppers to use for tips,ect but they don't have the #s to do a proper grid search like they do in Cali, Oregon and other places with lots of outdoor

Icrag has an outdoor strain guide with growers experiences and I'd stay away from Hollands hope cause a few people on there had issues with it molding. And don't believe all the hype the seed companies talk about .. They advertise certain strains as outdoor but they mold up or turn to shit easily .. Then they have strains like Sensi's Maple-leaf Indica marked as indoor only and it's a pure afghan Indica that finishes early October and doesn't mold.

Be careful with bag seed cause sometime it's hermi genetics or it's sativa Dom and it doesnt have a chance of finishing.

I'd germ them and root them up in small 8oz cups and transplant those and save some of the beans to be sowed directly into the ground at your plot.

Also since this is your first outdoor ..
    If your plot is near water or lowland marshy area make sure to go there after a heavy spring t-storm and make sure it won't be flooded so you can plan accordingly. I have a few spots in marshy areas and I'm just putting bottom-less containers(fabric) that will be 50-100gal in size and this is so a large majority of the root zone stays well aerated and will remain semi-dry even if the water table rises and the ground is nasty wet.

9. Alright, I was thinking more woods, truthfully, it's hard to find a nice spot near a water source. I was wondering if I needed to plant soon, considering many plants come up around now. But I'm not entirely sure when I should plant, or even expect to harvest?