Growing in corn fields?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by vermilion, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Is it possible to grow in corn field because i would rather not have to walk through the huge corn field next to my house to get to my grow. Do they put some kind of herbicide on the corn so only it grows? I was planing on taking like 9 corn plants out in a box shape in the corn. I would take out all corn roots aroud so theres no crowding. Also can pot and corn grow togeather? Does corn grow faster than weed?

2. Its done around here all the time but if there not your fields dont do it, they could use a pesticide or fertalizer hazardous to your health, especialy if its a corn crop designed only to be used as ethanol or animal feed.

3. Most farmers will only use herbicides/pesticides when required. Don't expect much success growing on someone else's property. If you plant in the trench between rows, it will probably get cultivated out or ran over.

I have never personally grown in a cornfield but I lived on a farm for the first 18 years of my life... If you decide to plant in the cornfield, make sure you have time to harvest your plant before corn harvest comes around.

4. cornfields are the 1st choice for most of the "hick" (for lack of better term) growers around here.

5. I live next to a cornfield too and I often go to it and search for marijuana when the season is in. I think the best bet would be to grow your plants on the outside of one of the sections up against the rows. Do so with the sun in your favor and use local weeds for partial coverage.