Growing in college dorm room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by G Unit 1414, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Well this is my first time growing if you couldn't tell already. I rarely smoke so please don't tell me that i am an idiot for even trying this. I know that already but a friend gave me a seed sprout and i decided to see what happens. So i went out and bought a 4" inch pot and planted the sproutliing in pre fertilized soil. I know that this is bad but and i have read the guides already and know a little about growing. So far the plant is doing very well as far as i can tell although it has only been 2 days. I went out and bought a flourescent 360 lumen bulb for my desk lamp i know this is very very little light and i can already see that the plant is stretching for light even though i have put the plant as close as possible to the light. My first question is since the plant is already 2 1/2" inches can i start to tie it down. I don't want a huge plant growing in my dorm so i need to contain it some how and i figure tying it down would be best to get it very bushy. My next question is will the plant start to stink alot or does it only smell when flowering? My final question is will the plant have any chance of surviving? I don't really care if it does or does not i am just wondering. I am growing this just to see what happens. If i get any bud off of it i would be happy even if it is the tiniest bit. Thanks for your help and if i can i will post pics soon.:rolleyes:

2. Here is a pic of what the plant looks like now maybe a inch taller and only one of them and it is in a 4inch pot not 2 liter bottle bottom. This is not my actual plant just similar!

3. My first question is since the plant is already 2 1/2" inches can i start to tie it down.
    yes you can

My next question is will the plant start to stink alot or does it only smell when flowering?
    it does smell noticably more when flowering, but it will start to reek before the flowering cycle

My final question is will the plant have any chance of surviving?
    yes it does, but you get out of it what you put into it. If you care for it properly, it has a great chance of surviving

4. Ok cool thanks for the confidence boost. I know that what you put into it is what you get out. I am just experimenting and like to watch things grow. So now that you have gave me this information it is being tied down as we speak.

5. lol then grow a flower.. why just play around in the dirt with something illegal.. when u dont even care about it..

6. I didn't say i didn't care about it and if i grew a flower there would be reward if it did grow. With this and if it does grow well i get a nice reward of either home grown bud or money if i decided to sell what i grow. You have no idea how good the market for weed is here at college unless you are going here. Anyways I do care about it and i would love to see it grow. I just don't have the space or money right now to do a full blown growing setup

7. One more question i have is about trimming even though i am not ready for this. Do i cut the whole fan leave (the set of five)? or can i cut just one of the five in the set if needed?