Growing in closet.. for my first time.. help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by youngmaf89, Jan 13, 2009.

1. My closet is 1,11height and 0.89width. Is this enough to grow 2 plants? Well, I never tried to grow before so I got lots of questions. I am planning to grow in soil because as I heard of lots of people with experience, is way much easier for a beginner. What kind of soil I need? I will buy a 400W lamp, a fan and that's all. What is pH? Because I heard something about I need a pH meter to feed the plants or something like that. So what is this? And what about watering, feeding the plant? What do I need to know? I don't know what kind of equipment I need to start growing but for now all I need is that I need a 400W lamp and a 4inches fan. Did I forgot something? If yes, please tell me or better show me pictures of what you are talking about. Now about the plant, I read on some forums some people telling they got a harvest of about 20g/plant, to me that is not much and it's not worth the trouble of growing because I could smoke 20gs in less than 3 days. And what about the smell of the plant? I heard is stinking a lot, so I need some tips to low the smell because I live in an apartment. That is all for now, thanks for your attention.

2. So many questions! You really should use the search function here to do some research first, and read some of the many how-to threads.

I am assuming you are talking meters when you describe your space. You could do 2-4 plants in that space no sweat, using a 400 watt HPS.

pH is the relative acidity/alkalinity of a substance, in this case water/nutrients and/or your growing medium.

To control odor a carbon filter on your air outlet/fan is best.

As for yield, it varies quite widely. I personally consider anything less than 2 oz per plant to be a bad harvest, but I didn't always get 3-4 oz per plant. It takes practice.

3. I would search before I made this topic I got my reasons that's why I am asking you here. Anyone else? Please show me pictures of closet setups and products to get some ideas maybe!! Thank you!

4. Have you even bothered looking at all of the many grow journals here? You're being pretty lazy asking that everything be handed to you. I tried to help, oh well.

5. Lots of info already written here on all the topics you need to know.
    This link:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/205089-read-before-posting-updated.html
    will help you find it. Good luck.