Growing in Central America.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by sandinovive, Jan 10, 2011.

1. #1 sandinovive, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    Hi guys!
    Im planning on starting a grow in Central america where im currently living at. Ill set up an indoor grow room for vegetative growth and planning on moving the plants outside for flowering (due to size restrictions).
    Im starting off with 8 plants and around the beginning of February.
    From the information i have gathered, plants will need around 1-2 months in total of seedling and vegetative growth with 16-18 hours of light per day , which would indicate that the plants would be ready to flower around April.
    From what ive learnt, flowering is triggered by the change in hours of uninterrupted darkness the plant receives, which in the area that i am, will be around 12 hours per day.

I would really appreciate any help, i have searched around for information realted to my needs and i think my plants will do allright, but this is my first time growing and none of the information i have found relates to growing this close to the equator.
    The average outdoor temperature in April is approximately 28 degrees celsius and humidity is around 65%. Is this ok?
    I also have the idea, that due to the nature of the environment, my plants will be more susceptible to pests, am i right??

Im quite clear that it is extremely hard to predict the yield of each plant, as it is so dependant to a lot of factors, but can anyone tell me if plants flowered outdoors in this area could be expected to give of a decent yield. Considering theyll receive at least 8 hours of direct sunlight, will be kept in 5 gallon pots, watered whenever needed, use of appropriate amount of nutrients.
    I know the best outcome of this grow will be experience but im quite a heavy toker and i dont want to be to optimistic on the results.

Ill be growing, Super silver Haze, Hawaiian snow and lemon Skunk (all from green house)
    Would you recommend these strains for a beginner and for this area?

I really hope someone takes the time to help me out, id be really grateful!

Im sorry if i put this in the wrong section, but it is quite a small grow and it is technically indoor growing.