Growing In Attic Safe?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Splewge King, May 16, 2014.

1. Hello, so I really want to grow but the problem is that I live with my parents and I plan to move sometime soon within the next year but before I go I really took a interest in growing things. My father and I have our own garden and spend lots of time with it growing veggies and such. My parents are okay with the fact that I can grow but the rule is that I have to keep it out of sight where no one can see/smell it so putting it in the house wasn't a option except the attic which they were okay with. The attic is in the garage and it seems like a really good grow spot.. My problem is that I want a tent and I found one that's 48" W x 24" Deep x 48" H my attic has the width and the length but the issue is the height and it's around I'd say 50". I live in Indiana so the summers are not too hot they can get to 90's but very unlikely usually around high 70's but the winter sucks ass. I really want to grow and if I invest into doing this would it be worth it? for the space I have to deal with and the winter conditions? Should I just wait till next year when I move? :L 

Attached Files:

2. Get rid of your bed, get a couch to sleep on and set up a tent in your room. Attics are ovens, just too hot. 

3. Thanks for the advice Snoop! I might try and work out a deal with my father and see if he will let me use my walk in closet and just use a certain lock for my closet door. 

4. I'm growing in a closet sized attic space right now and its going great. I say go for it

5. Nice :p you live in the states? How is the weather there? Any grow log for it? I'd love to check it out!

6. Height isn't an issue, my cabinet is 36" tall.  Your problem is going to be the heat during the summer.

7. You'll need to enclose and insulate a space and probably a ac for summer and maybe a heater for winter. I took a 100$ window ac and built a intake and exhaust box to make it portable. Good btus with a high seer for cheap.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #9 Stoopid Sensi, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Im in the deep south bro. Weather fluctuating between 75-85.
    Im about to make a log now, keep ur eyes peeled im posting under Micro grow section :smoke:

@[member="Splewge King"]