Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

growing in apartments in CA

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jackson999, Dec 29, 2008.

1. I'm from San Jose, California and am thinking about getting a club card and growing. I am looking to move out of my parents house and rent a place to grow in. Would growing in an apartment work? What would be a good way to rent a house with other people that want to grow? Thanks

2. Rent a house with a basment. May be an old house probally. Or just put aside a bedroom

3. Just look for detached garages or laundry rooms when your checking out houses

you dont find many houses with basements in California.

Houses are definitely superior to apartments for stealth purposes

4. im sure it would work.if its a large closet you can go with a closet grow.or you could build a grow cabinet.as long as you have your med card your strait just dont piss off the owners of the place because if they find you have weed theylle find any excuse to throw you out.

5. I've heard that if you use the Scrog method and one 1000 watt hps and you take really good care of the plants you can get 2lb yields per plant

6. If you have a card and are living alone, you shouldn't have any issues with a need for stealth. You could easily grow a couple of small plants in a grow-closet. You should be able to get clones from the clubs in your area once you get a card.

BUT

Get that card first!

7. Build a cab. Run up to 600w in it if you use a cool-tube.

Personally I don't need that much smoke and am building a 220w PL-L CFL cab. (do a search for PL-L)

How much do you need? That is what will determine what you're going to need to get.

Personally it takes over an ounce a month for me to be fully medicated, the way I need to be. Some need a lot less, others need a whole lot more.

I found that my usage increased as soon as I didn't have to pay for it as I've been rationing for about 2 years now. Wow.... I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. :D

8. I have harvested 28 ounces from such a hydro grow on one plant - pit bull. That was from a 600 watt HPS.

But this is an IF thing. If your plant stays healthy, if your root system is very well developed and healthy, if you grow using hydroponics, if you are willing to increase dissolved O2 in your water, if you use a chiller, if you use the best products (and if you know what they are), if you don't get pests, if the light distance is maintained, if the room never goes above 80 degrees; if you don't make mistakes.

The average soil indoor grow is about 3 ounces for beginning growers. Pros harvest up to 8 in soil indoors. Hydroponics grows faster due to more oxygen getting to the roots so bigger plants in the same time equals bigger harvest. Outdoor plants can yield 6 pounds or more in best conditions. They can reach 15+ foot height with enough grow time. IE tropical areas.

clinton