Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing in an apartment

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Uvwxyz9, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Thanks all! i don't really have any experience in growing either, does anyone have any advice on where to start? TBH I don't even know where to get seeds unless i can just plant the seeds from the weed i buy.. Sorry for the ignorance, we only just started talking about this and I'm trying to get all the information I can before we decide.

2. #22 xBrent, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    This. I couldn't handle growing with someone else unless I had known that person for over 10 years and was best friends. Even then, it's better to do it alone.

People can flip pretty quick when they're threatened with a felony and a couple years in prison.

[Start Here] http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/

[Building/Set up] http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/

[How to not get fucked] http://forum.grasscity.com/security/

[Harvesting] http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/

[Seed Banks] http://forum.grasscity.com/seed-banks/

[To familiarize yourself] http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/

3. Yeah for a first time grow I HIGHLY recommend saving for a proper setup, instead of rigging it up and regretting it later. You obviously need ventilation in any setup, and noise dampening would only be applicable for a higher cfm/dB blower. I was just explaining the other end of the spectrum of what you could do in an apartment.

Just remember you've got these areas to be concerned about.

-IR
    -Heat
    -Noise
    -Electricity
    -Smell
    -Invasive neighbors/tenants

This goes without saying (must have missed it) do it with no other people, and don't say a fucking word about it.

Good place to start is uh this forum

4. u can buy seeds online from many sites and even choose wat u wanna grow just google it ull find them

5. Ok, I knew you could get them online but that seems really sketch.. Is it safe?

6. first rule of growing is not to tell anyone who u arent involed in the grow op, dont even tell ur friends

7. yea its safe and not tht sketchy at all dnt worry :smoke:

8. That's probably the most popular site online to get seeds from, very trust worthy. Make sure you get feminized seeds.

The stages of growing are like this:

Germination (getting the seed ready to be planted)
    Planting (planting the germinated seed in the soil)
    Vegetation (the plant sprouts and begins to grow)
    Flowering (the majority of the plant is fully grown and now is producing buds)
    Harvest (the plant produced buds, and are now ready to be collected)

9. the light schedule if very important too wen u veg ur plant u keep it under the lights for either 24 hrs a day of light or 18 hrs light 6 hrs dark. wen its time to flower u put it under the lights for 12 hrs of light 12 hrs darkness, this will make the plants think tht fall is coming which is wen they start producinng weed outside.

10. #31 Uvwxyz9, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    Wow, thanks for all the advice guys, it has been really helpful :) I think were gonna go ahead and try it and hope for the best, if i have any other questions ill go on the beginners guide. Thanks again! and happy toking to all who helped (and all who wanted to help but were to lazy from being high to type :smoke:)

11. I do not recommend growing in an apartment or any rented space where cannabis cultivation is prohibited by law. The risks are high, and you will be disrespecting the owner's property. This can result in legal ramifications on their part as well. Also, if your operation is deemed a “grow-op” it can negatively impact their property's equity.

But since you seem adamant on going ahead with it anyway, at least do it right and as safely as possible.

Marijuana Cultivation
    > Micro Grows

Pay attention to the Closet Grows featuring CFLs. IMO, this is the best method for a beginner requiring stealth.

I would not recommend 2 plants to start. Begin with one. That will help you understand the odour levels you will be dealing with in your limited living space. Do not underestimate the odour of flowering cannabis.

I would suggest Lowryder 2 as a low-odour and high-production strain. It is also auto-flowering, so you won't need to switch the lights to 12/12. Check the link in my sig for a similar grow I ran a while back. If you prefer a strong indica, I can vouch for Afghan Kush Ryder – it is also a 9 week autoflower, but it is higher odour.

Please note that "low-odour" does not mean "odourless." You will require odour control. This may come in the form of Ona Gel and/or an air scrubber if the strain you use is particularly smelly.

Foothill Carbon Filters on ebay make some good quality self-contained (filter/fan) scrubbers that are reported to work well in closet grows. foothill-carbon-filters | eBay

Please pay very close attention to safety, such as by never placing electrical cords on the ground where spills may happen.

Understand that if you do this you are taking a big risk. You are young and just starting out in life. Don't stumble right out of the gate.

Peace.

12. I ran a 600w hps in a 4x4 grow tent stuffed into a 5x5 closet with a 400cfm fan and carbon filter and grew upto 9 plants. I never had a smell and never had any problems with the apartments. I even had maintenance over a few different times to repair things and never had any issues. The only real issue when someone is over is the noise. I made sure I had a speed box for the fan so I could turn it down or off real fast if I had to. After you turn off your fan you would have atleast an hour or so before the smell would linger its way out of the tent and the closet. So yes it is possible, especially if your apartment is really a house. Just be stealthy as possible with it.