growing in an apartment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Godfather123, Jun 19, 2009.

1. about 30 days into the veg state still going strong, I read the forums everyday on ways to improve my grow.... One question I have is how noticeable is a 1000w metal halide/hps in a 2 bedroom apartment? Been talking to a few people and have had some good/bad feedback. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Its not really noticable, alot of appliances use more power than that. Change all your bulbs to cfl's and dont leave unneeded lights on, dont leave your air conditioner on all day, little shit like that helps. You should probably be more worried about smell

3. this guy speaks the truth. smell and maintenance workers coming in or landlords coming buy would be way higher on my list of concerns.

4. yeah just change lights in your house and use less power all around. if they haven't notice all ready the difference then u should be cool.

5. as far as i know.....the landlord, maintenance people, and everyone else is clueless about your power useage....the people who will know about that are you and the power company.....Unless the maintanence people have a habit of checking the electric meters, but I doubt they ever do that, unless they're just nosy sob's

I'd also, say that smell, is your biggest factor, once they catch a wiff...they'll be suspicious, and might want to come in and look around, or make up some ill legit maintenace they gotta tend to.

My last grow was in an apartment, and even though I had my medical recommendation...I never had to flash it, maintenance people/landlord never were the wiser.