Growing in Alaska?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Akweedman, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Hey everybody, due to current circumstances I will not be able to grow indoors and have been left with the only option I can think of- a big summer grow. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible with Alaskans summer climate, or if anyone has done it for that matter?

Any advice is warmly welcomed with a tip of the hat and hit of the blunt :smoking:

Btw- I could probably flower my plants inside, and live near the woods so I could be checking the plants every day or 2, with 4 or 5 days going unchecked at the VERY max.

thanks,

akweedman

2. #2 alice D, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    you could grow some hemp for sure but i dont think you could grow anything you would want to get high on. maybe if your near juno you might have a chance just make sure you get a sturdy fast growing plant

3. o.0 You mean juneau? :p ... Nah that place is wayyy rainier... Almost to the point there wouldn't be enough sunlight.

Im in SC alaska...

Anyone from ak out there?

4. Hi mate,

hope you get the info your after. Maybe start with telling everyone the average temp of your spring and summer. I'm really not sure but i think it might be too cold. But a fast indica might do the trick as they finish alot faster.

Good luck with any oudoor growing adventures.

5. look into the auto's. auto AK would be your best bet. they finish 10 weeks from seed. im not sure how long ur season is, but a strain like guerilla gold may finish... dont know. they are semi auto's and would be dont the first week of september up there...

6. yea i was think autos would be the best bet

but i've heard of ppl growing in alaska before so i know it can be done

7. Yeah but you need to have seeds that were acclimatized. If you grow any seed it mlight have been grown in a long summer climate and they will die before they're ready where you are. But if you know someone who grew some in time, then yes.

8. Perhaps some Guerrilla Gold or GG crosses might work, especially if you can start them indoors. Check on www.unleashdagreen.net

9. how about alaskan thunderfuck? it originated in alaska...

10. If you can probably flower indoors, why can't you do the whole grow indoors? Flowering is the bulk of the time.

11. It would be best to grow indoors... summer seasons only last a few months.

12. #13 fatphstyle, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    I don't live in AK but I'll be going up there to do a grow. I can't help you with JUST growing out doors, but I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I'm going to plant around 20 seedlings (BTW, this is in anchorage) around mid may. The long summer days will get the plants up nice and big (remember, 20 hrs of sunlight a day for a long time) but not induce floweing. This is where I come in hand. There plants are almost perfect mothers. Cut clones, veg for a couple weeks and flower indoors.

I know it isn't what you wanted to hear, but It's all I could think of. And, honestly, I think it would be really nice/efficient.

I live in NORCAL so I know being able to flower your plants would be cool too, but you have to make ends with what you got. Try this out.

13. ata tundra? supposably does wonders in cold environments. yield is quite nice too.

14. where you from in alaska? sounds like ur in anchorage or ER u can easly grow anywhere in sc alaska summer is the best time they grow MTF that time of year out in the vally

15. nice, i also plan to do an outside grow in alaska, I have been doing TONS of research on the climate and what plants do best here...so far i have my location staked thats it haha, ill be in SC alaska too ;) ill be sure if i find another grow site to light up a blunt in honors haha

16. yeah i dunno dude, 6 months of sun and 6 of night doesnt sound like a good growing cycle....

17. yah i dunno either, our seasons are to defined the more i research the harder it will be to pull off haha