Growing in a venting duct?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by maryjanekush18, Mar 26, 2013.

1. My friend had this idea to grow in a vent duct. His plan was to take the grate off the duct in his room and put in the lights and sit the potted plants inside. Apparently because the pots are wide enough on the bottom that they will stay put. The wires wont be visible because they will tuck under the carpet. I told him this idea sound kinda dumb, but now I'm thinking and it sound like it could work. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    btw im new here :)

2. Sounds ghetto as fuck. But it CAN work for sure. And I'm sure it can be a sick setup if you put the time into it.

3. any pot I'd consider using is too big for a duct, nevermind having no room for lights, not even being able to grow a good size plant... total waste

4. to the PP, he has the lights on socket plugs that are 5 plugged into a powerstrip. Showed me that the strip could easily sit in the duct upright. The pots I have already seen and they are small enough to go in the vent but large enough to take the plant thru flowering. could this work? or would it pose a hazard to the vent system/house?

5. The standard in-home duct is quite small. I'd imagine the pot he would be putting in there would be no bigger than a box of rice from the Chinese place down the street. Not an effective idea - you would only be able to plant one and I'm sure it wouldn't yield over 20 grams in such a small pot.

6. duct is 3 ft by 2 ft.