Growing in a Solo Cup?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cheeksforlyfe, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Ok, so is it possible at all, to grow a plant within a solo cup to the point of it being harvest-able at all? Even a few g's? I'm growing in a dorm room and don't have the ability to get full sized plants.

2. yes its possible, id expect you to get 4-7 grams out of it

3. In a word... no. Cannabis roots need room to grow. A solo cup can only hold a plant for about 2 weeks before it should be transplanted to something bigger before it becomes root bound. Even if you could flower it because it was root bound the buds wouldnt grow very big making it not worth your time or risk (especially if you wanna grow in a dorm room, which is a terrible idea btw, wait till you have your own place bro) Hope this helps :wave:

4. #4 lotuselise, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    ^^^i agree it wouldn't be worth but you can do it. just look at this vid on youtube.....[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISUlzYG3jE]YouTube - Harvesting and Drying[/ame]

havent you ever heard of a PC grow:poke:

5. If you had an autoflowering strain, I would say it's doable.

If not... you might have to trim your roots every now and then and nutes will be a big issue since what's in the cup will probably be used up quick.

Is a 1 gallon pot too big? I honestly don't think the plant would survive being that rootbound.

6. Am I wrong...or is that not a soil grow? Whats on top of the cup?

7. The real question is, "should I be growing in my dorm?" To which I would reply NO. It's not worth a few grams to risk what people who DO grow in their dorms could face if caught.

8. i agree that its not worth it and the buds would be pretty bad but it is possible and has been done alot

^^^+1

9. Im glad someone agrees

10. There are complicated root-binding techniques (I don't think that's the term for it) that allow for growing small plants with little space for roots.

Look up micro-growing.

This is still a BAD idea, in my opinion. Very bad. Go find some place out in the country and start a geurrila grow, if you must. :)