Growing in a solo cup from start to finish?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Eternal Ruhi, Feb 1, 2014.

1. What are your guys' thoughts on this? I read about it a lot and i think it would be the best way for me to start growing. It seems simple. The only thing I'm concerned about is how often I would have to water it. I'm not able to be home during all hours of the day. Do you think If I watered her before I left, she would hold for about 10 hours? I just don't know how fast it would dry up in a solo cup. To any of you who have done this, how did it go? What all do I need to be aware of? How many CFL lights would I need? I also planned on getting a tiny sit fan to rotate some air in my grow space. Also with doing this, what do you think the maximum veg time should be? And flowering? Thanks for all the help, to those who answer thoroughly. Happy smoking :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. What size would the cup be?

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  4. The cups would be 16 oz.

5. How much did you get off of that? How close did you keep your lights and whatnot? 

I did not focus on it , it grew in the light on the edge of my SOG table. If your a new with compact florescent lights 2 inches

3.73 grams and it was not a fat one.

7. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19446104" timestamp="1391240637"]I did not focus on it , it grew in the light on the edge of my SOG table. If your a new with compact florescent lights 2 inches3.73 grams and it was not a fat one.[/quote]How many cups max. can you grow under that size/watt light? Sent from my Android

8. How many watts would I need for 3 plants?

9. #9 snoopdog6502, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
     any or all but but the limit is your best from a cup.

Number dont matter, lights dont matter for the callenge.

It must be grown in a cup.

50 watts per square foot is the standard for a well lit area for growing.

Once you have a grow or two under your belt you will want all the watts you can get.

10. #10 DubK420, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    This is my first grow, and I started too many plants for my grow area. I had a Sour Diesel seedling that got stunted badly due to a broken taproot, It recovered, and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away, so I left it in the solo cup and put it in the flower cab with the rest. I have never trimmed roots or anything, and early on, I neglected her because I didn't really expect much from her. She has surprised the hell out of me. This is week 7 (flower) of I don't know how many. Growing in Sphagnum Moss (not peat, the stringy weird shit). I give her nutes every other watering. She needs water every 24 hours exactly. I use the Fox Farm Trio at full strength. This is a nute tolerant strain. CFL grown. She tripled in height when I threw the 12 hour switch. So in my experience (so far), it is highly possible.

Attached Files:

Just a little update on my solo cup girl. She is in week 9 of flower. She has reached budset and ripening has begun. Proably about 2 ish weeks to go. 
    Sour D week 9.jpg SD week 9.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. thats freakin crazy haha

13. #13 DubK420, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    I hope yall don't mind me updating my solo grow on this thread. Just wanted to show you how it's going. Today is day 1 of week 10 for her. She is Sour Diesel. Vegged for 9 days. She wants water every 12 hours. She is getting tired, now and I will be stopping nutes very soon if not now. I am confident that she will finish strong. I never took her out of the cup to trim roots or anything. If you are willing to do tedious-ass work, you can grow top shelf from seed to harvest in a solo cup without a doubt.
    SD week 10 begin.jpg SD week 10 start.jpg

UPDATE 3/19/14 - Checked on my Solo Cup girl, and she is ready to harvest. She is right around 70 days after showing her first pistils. She has that "glow" to her when the camera flash goes off. Smells like heaven.
    SD Week 11 Day 1 Ready.jpg

14. How y’all and long did you grow before switching to flower???