Growing in a small space.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by coughinganon, Jan 6, 2008.

1. I plan on maybe growing in my small closet, but it's only about 3 feet in width.
    I was thinking of getting a HomeBox XS, ( http://www.buy-the-homebox.com/shop/product_family_homebox_xs.html ) and I was wondering what strains would grow well in it, and if anyone had any sort of tips for growing in a small space.

I would like a strong strain, like White Widow, but would I be able to get a decent harverst in this space?

2. your closet's 3 ft wide, what are the other dimensions?

Instead of putting one of those boxes inside your closet it might be better to just line your
    closet with mylar, that'll be cheaper and will give you more growing space.

If you scrog your plants you'll get a better yield but you won't be able to do that until you're
    taking cuttings off a mother plant (can't do it from seed due to likelihood of males)

3. my closet is 2 ft wide by like 8 ft long by like 7 ft high
    simialr dimensions to you
    just line your walls and start your grow

4. I would not get the homebox...if you need a cabinet just build one for much cheaper. plus, I'm sure your closet is painted white, which is fine...skip the mylar, it is an unnecessary expense. Save the mylar money, and buy yourself a nice digital thermometer/hydrometer....

5. Hmm...I also have limited space and was considering the XS.

There are a few reasons I can't just use my closet, personally. The closet will be opened at times, and there is no traditional door. It just has hanging doors which would allow a lot of light and noise to escape. Heat and airflow would be much harder to manage as well. There is also the issue of smell.

Since I don't have the time to build one, I thought I could just throw an XS in it coupled with one of those Bubbleponics Dual Spectrum setups.

6. i did a grow in a dorm room closet once, its not hard to do it in a small space, you just gotta make sure its well ventilated as it will get hot fast, and that its not that accessible to others.