Growing in a self storage space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GeorgeKush145, Dec 21, 2011.

1. You know the kind that you rent monthly? I have pretty much no space to grow. So the idea came to me that i could rent a storage space and put 1 or 2 full sized refrigerators in there and grow inside of them. What do you guys think?

Ps It is illegal where i live and this is my first grow.

2. Dude that sounds shady as hell, although a decent idea police would be on that shit plus dude someone would snitch..Idk though try it if you want.

3. I don't see how anyone would find out. For all the owner knows im keeping 2 old refrigerators in there for whatever reason. I live on the east coast and in the country. Im pretty sure the cops arent looking for people growing in a refrigerator at all. I guess frequent trips to the storage space might be a tip off to the owner tho

4. I mean I am not trying to shoot your idea down but Mary Jane needs a lot of attention and yeah the constant trips back and forth would look suspicious although whats in the storage is none of there business. Like I said a decent idea though I just dont wanna see a fellow toker/grower get hemmed up.

5. #5 d34th, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    What kinda budget you got? cuz...im prettty sure you gunna need a really good fucking generator (super quiet thats got a huge tank) to run those lights for atleast 3 months. dirt or hydro? eithers gunna present a challenge in those conditions. is the enviro good from the start? do you have an idea how to ventilate the fridges from at minimum the heat from the lights...unless you go LED which again how big exactly is your budget? plus all the maintenance visits itll flat out LOOK suspicious...I vote go for it.

edit: and in case you arent sure why youd need a generator its cuz its illegal for people to live in a self storage unit so mandatorily they do not come with electricity

6. I have actually heard of this being done. I think it was on the nightly news. LOL! Just sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Like Panda said, they need lots of attention. Daily visits will be suspicious.

7. Much appreciated WhiteManPanda. But it looks too suspicious ill think of something else. Thanks

8. i mean honestly? I HAVE an idea but itd take alotta work and idk how much would be noticed but the owners cuz im sure you might need a jackhammer. those places are USUALLY just slabs on the ground with tin roofs. if you could get to the soil beneath maybe you could amend it and cut out the bottoms of the fridge place it over and have it be the stealthiest, most complicated GUERILLA indoor/outdoor op ive heard about but that still sounds incredibly expensive and laborious. not something id EVER expect from a first time grower

9. dumb idea..

10. If you live in the country, grow outdoors...

11. I have heard police sniff around these self storage areas from time to time, they'd find it no problem if there is any truth to that. I would not be surprised if they pass through these kinds of places with dogs every once and a while. I am sure they would if there was any tip of suspicious looking activity anyway, I wouldn't risk it personally, I could just be paranoid.

12. go for it, tell us how it works out for ya...

[​IMG]

13. Have you done the math, is it even worth the money and time. If your only using 2 refrigerators that's not really that much grow space. And a cord going to your house or a loud generator is going to be suspicious.

14. honestly at this point i think were beating the pulp outta this dead horse lol

15. dead horse pulp will probably do wonders for my plants :D

16. #16 White ManPanda, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    Honestly just grow it outdoors man, 5-0 isn't looking for 1 or 2 plants. I had a heli fly over my house literally half a football field vertically with two fucking in-fared cams and they had to see my two girls under my dome light outside me and my buddies were on the porch and almost shit our pants and this is no exaggeration I will never forget it I could see the mustache on the pilot also this was the first time they ever got that ballsy and I live in city/rural residence.

Haven't messed with me since btw.

17. Bad idea dude don't do it

18. I already said it was a bad idea and I wasn't going to do it. Im trying to figure ou t a way I can grow because its hard to find consistent dank or even good mid where im at. But outside sounds ok. Im growing anywhere is pretty much non existent here.

19. Are you in a single-family house rental, or an apartment? If it's a house, you could always rent a POD, or just buy a decent shed via monthly installment/payments (home depot does that sort of thing). You'd have to insulate and keep it warm, if you're in a cold location.. of course all this is irrelevant if you're in an apartment :p

The Best Moving & Storage Idea Ever for Self Storage, Portable Moving and Storage Solutions | PODS

5 ft. x 7 ft. Extra Large Extreme Storage Shed-GS9000 at The Home Depot

20. I'd grow in the woods before this... just the refrigerator itself turning it into a grow box will be a pain.

I'd scrub this and search for some good spot in the wild.

Could not be worth it to grow two plants in a 4'x4' each to pay off the storage alone..
    Good idea like stated. But not plausible.
    Save your pockets

• Like Like x 1