Growing in a rented house... Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drunkallday, May 10, 2010.

1. Is it something that is doen often, or is having a land lord a no no?

2. mine lives down stairs. but ill be planting them in the great outdoors soon. just little sprouts now.

3. "The first rule of Fight Club is that there is no such thing as Fight Club"......If one other person knows what you are doing, its one too many. Since the landlord can pop in unannounced or with short notice, its too big of a risk to take.

4. I's ok if your in a medi freindly state but otherwise I wouldnt say shit till the bitch burned down.Consider a grow tent there the best option for renters because if the shit hits the fan you can take it down in under 15 minutes with no signs of anything going on.

5. The landlord issue could be a problem. Depends on what your local laws are, but most have something about requiring landlords to give at least 24 hour notice whenever access to your place is needed. That should give you time to move/dispose of what's necessary to not get caught.

Personally, I have no problem growing in an apartment so a house would be an easy 'why not?' for me.

6. It's still pretty risky, they can usually come whenever. Plus you don't want to be scrambling around moving everything if your landlord decides to come for an 'emergency' visit.

7. Not a good idea to grow inside a rented property. Not only is there much higher risk of getting caught by your landlord or a subcontractor, you are limited in the things you may need to do in order to maintain stealth in the first place, such as cutting holes in walls, floors and ceilings for ventilation, running a higher electric bill, having noises from fans and such, etc.