Growing in a none insulated garage ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeyJoey666, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Whats up Guys, I have Just moved into a bigger house but growing inside at the moment isnt really viable, i have a garage that is not insulated , im just wondering if i would be able to grow in there with a 600 watt hps and not run into temp problems or anything else you can think off , i would be running passive intake due to not having a 2nd fan. i just want to know some of your opinions i would probably grow autos .

2. What area do you live in/what are temps like and what will they be like in a few months?

It is completely possible depending on where you live

3. Would have the monitor the temps inside and outside and compare. Lights themselves will put off heat. In my extra room I run 16 CFLs and it's dead winter here and I turn off the heat. When lights off I turn back on the heat.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

4. What i was thinking is, if i run passive intake and use a speed controller on my outtake maybe i can monitor the Temps from there, the average temps outside during the day are 10c, i would also be growing autos on a 20 - 4 light schedule or 18 - 6 D: also im worried about the risk of pests in my garage. there is allot of old furniture from my old house and some timber just wondering what opinions are out there :)

5. I grow in a 8x8x8 tent in my uninsulated garage. You will definitely need an appropriate sized heater and a/c unit for the seasons. Forget about trying to maintain any kind of humidity. Other then that, no issues.

6. 10C is a easy temp to work with, you'll be good.

For pests just put some screen over your intakes.

7. If I were him, I would rip everything out, get rid of any junk, ECT. Then spray it down with a decent pesticide. BAM now you have a good spot. But filtering the air helps. Could also run a cheap duct from tent to house but if he's using lights like HPS that might keep it warm enough during light period without heaters.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

8. Get yourself a tent. I use a 4x8 and like it. That way you can have a 4x4 veg area and keep them rotating in the 4x4 bud side for a 2 month harvest. 600watt hps is great size for a 4x4. Drap some thick blankets over the tent or insulation. Connect the air intake for the tent to your heated living space. Mount an exhaust fan on the 600 watt hood blowing in the garage. Seal the tent so all the intake air comes from your warm dry house.

If you run a decent size 200+ watt light in the veg side you probably won't need any heat at all. 58 degrees F. is about as low as they like to tolerate at night depending on the strain.

I would hesitate adding a heater to a grow room. If you have to then fine. I'd rather add another light that's on 24hrs and a veg side. That will add heat to the space if you duct it first in the veg tent then from veg tent to flower then dump into garage. Ideally a carbon filter mounted on intake of 6" exhaust fan inside flower side.

If that still doesn't work add a chicken coup heater to the tent that comes on at lights out.

9. I have grown in an uninsulated garage. I live in South Cali so there was not much of a temp problem.

10. Most houses aren't even insulated in so cal. =)